I think I just found my new winter project........

Last winters 351W conversion hit the streets the last couple weeks and promptly suffered a head gasket leak.:nice: Well it didn't really blow (ie massively overheating steam/smoke coming out of exhaust) but you could tell it was leaking Temp gauge would climb rapidlywith a lack of power while under spirited acceleration, then things would smooth back out and be fine. Lots of pressure in the upper radiator hose, etc etc. She is catching a tarp and gonna sit for a while as I am absolutely sick of this car for the time being. Unless someone can convince me it is something else could be to blame, she is gonna be put out to pasture for a while as I am out of patience and money to work on her.
She will idle and stay cool just fine, just under harder acceleration does the temp spike and really increased temperatures occur. Heads lifting???

Engine specs are in my sig. Supporting hardware is as follows:
She got the full treatment:
3 core brass radiator
180* Mr Gasket stat
taurus electric fan with SPAL controller
Cooling system was filled and then purged of air by a trusted mechanic.

looks to be a teeny bit of oil in coolant in reservoir definitely not a milk shake though, no coolant in oil.
Temp gauge has never lead me astray before. The thing runs hot and I mean hot.
Pulled into the car wash one day and it looked like I blew a radiator the hood was steaming so bad.

Partial tech help request/partial rant.

• Sponsors (?)