I think i may have been burned. Help!

Sorry to blow up the threads im just in little bit of a panic mode

So Gentlemen i got her up on the highway today and found out that one all my rubber bushings are worn out so shes pretty squeaky. thats not a big deal ill get a poly bushing kit. but the car sat for a year and im thinking its possible my cats a plugged...this is like i said my 5th stang and this cobra sounds more like a ford pick up truck not a mustang and i really just wanna call it a Slowbra because it has no torque...its not missing it runs smooth just no power. on top of all of that my output bearing is bad the trans hums like crazy especially in 4th gear under acceleration. i hate to say it cause i know these cars well but i think i got beat this time...i paid 5100 after i got him down a bit but now that its home and im driving it i realize i wouldnt have paid the guy 3k for it. so i have some questions if anyone cares to give a listen

1. sounds like i have a small bird chirping in my firewall...my guess is pilot or throwout bearing but the clutch is new

2. why the hell does this thing have the power of a 4 cylinder. (i plan to do plugs wires oil and i have a cold air coming on sunday)

3. Where can i get a reman transmission cheap?

4. the guy had 4 other mustangs in his drive way. another 95 Cobra(no engine no trans) an 89 gt (blown head gasket)and a 99 Cobra (spun rod bearing) What im getting at is im thinking this car has like a Lincoln 5.0 in it with a Cobra intake or a ford pickup motor or something because it does not feel or sound like a 5.0 HO it has the Cobra intake and valve covers but i dont know....

Are there any specific markings on the heads or engine block that would tell me weather it is a cobra motor or not?

5. if i rebuild my trans what is a good upgrade kit to hold more torque (i wanna go with a blower eventually)

I know its a ton to read but if someone can shed some light on my situation i wouldnt mind shooting them an AM gift cert. or something if i can pick their brain!!! thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

If its a cobra engine it should have the GT40 aluminum heads on it. Run a code scanner on it and see if you have any problems there I'm sure it would benefit from a tune up as well. Even it the clutch is new it does not mean the throwout bearing was replaced

When my 94 GT had a clogged cat, the thing would not rev past 4,000 RPM.

Look for 3 vetical bars on the front of the head for the GT40's, 4 bars for the GT40-P's, and the 94/95 Cobra # is F4ZE-AA (F1ZE-AA is the GT40 on the 96-97 Explorer's; same size valves though).

An improperly adjusted clutch cable can keep the fork in contact with the TO bearing, causing a chirp.
When your foot is not on the clutch, the fork should be OFF the TO bearing.
Pull up on the clutch pedal and see if the chirp changes or goes away.
This isn't a sure-fire test, but works sometimes.
If it is the fork riding the TO, then you need to find out what adjustment you can make to get it away.

My son's car was doing this after swapping the AOD out for a T5, and we ended up just putting a spring on the fork to hold it back, after all else failed.

1. like venom said, doesn't mean the TOB is new, but make sure it is adjusted properly. invest in a quadrant/ FWA / cable first off.
2. start with a regular tune up stuff. who knows when it was last done. clean out the maf, plugs, wires, fluids, etc.
3. cheap and good seldom go hand in hand. mpsautosalage should have some decent ones usually.
4. earley covered this one pretty well i think. don't know much about casting numbers on gt-40s.
5. i would either rebuild it yourself or find one online. t5's aren't too hard to rebuild yourself. promotion is also a good place to check out.