I want to buy 20" wheels...

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
but its seemingly impossible! I had a set of black saleen on pre-order with cruzinconcepts that were supposed to be shipped on the 14th and were delayed another 3-4 weeks!:mad::notnice:. Being that theyve been delayed 2 or 3 times already in the past I wasnt willing to wait only to hear that theyve been delayed again so I cancelled the order. Started looking for black fr500 and stupidly enough theyre the only ones that have them, so I call them up and waddya know its gonna be 45 days before they get any in stock! cruzinconcepts suck! anyone know of some other sites that might have staggered 20" fr500?? and how do you think these would look on my car?
250.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Im not really a fan of the whole "aftermarket" look. I like for it to look tough or badass like it would or should from the factory which is why I look for wheels from a cobra, saleen, roush, steeda etc...keep it mustang you know?? but either way I just pulled the trigger on the black cobra r's pictured above...hope I made a good choice!

Cruzinconcepts screwed me outta going to an 18inch as I ordered tires from somewhere else and the 20" tires are sitting in my garage lol. Stage3 Motorports has alot of nice wheels like the Roush RR 01 and RR04 but at 875 a piece! yeah..not looking to spend that much lol, and after seeing some pics of peeling black chrome wheels on this site I stayed away from black chrome.

That wheel in your first post: If you got that pic from eBay, RUN!!!!!

Look up that seller in Google. There have been many complaints filed against that seller with the BBB, and the owner of that shop has even physically threatened people and has had lawsuits filed against him.

Look it up and read the horror stories for yourself.

Its not from ebay, its from oewheelsllc.com? I called them had them make sure they were instock and they should be shipped out tomorrow. We shall see.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea but at in inflated price. I went to a local rim shop cuz I heard they had 20 in fr500 in stock (which they didn't) so I have them look them up online cuz he said no one makes them in that size. He can't find them so I get on his computer and find them for him, wheel and tire package for like 1500. He says ok I can get them to u here for 1900...wtf?! I don't know what he takes people for but that's just plain retarted.
Posted via Mobile Device

those are 20s that you posted? i don't think i've seen them in 20s before. should look good on your car. is it deep dish all around or just in back?

what area are you from? i love the stockers on your car and if you were interested in selling them and close by i might consider sending you a PM very soon hah.

Yeah the cobra r's pictured above are 20X8.5 and 20X10. Great price on them. Not sure where you are but I'm in New Mexico, may get rid of the stock ones...not sure yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tires I went with falken 255/35 and 285/30. I'm hoping the rear tire will sit flush with the rim in the rear. Posted via Mobile Device

Tires I went with falken 255/35 and 285/30. I'm hoping the rear tire will sit flush with the rim in the rear. Posted via Mobile Device

By that do you mean the tire sidewall and the wheel? Falken site shows the 285/30 having a tread width of 10.4" and section width of 11.4" That means the tire sidewall will be about .75" out further than the wheel lip. It's also going to be roughly .4-.5" shorter than the stock tire on overall height.

Discount tired can order them.. Theyre not too expensive either but they always tell you they wont fit on your car so just order them with the tires you want and put them on. They told me like 12 different times that the fr500's dont fit on the 07 mustang and I was like uhhhh they made them for the mustang. And so Im ordering mine from dallasmustang and ordering the tires from discount. Except Im getting 18x10.5 rear and 18x9 front blackchrome with nitto 555's

Should have them late thursday, pics friday! I don't want to leave my calipers shiney so should I go flat black, red, or two tone (red caliper/black brackets)??? Or get a mustang or FRPP sticker place it on unpainted caliper, paint it n remove sticker leaving frpp in bare color??
Posted via Mobile Device