I was just in CVS and found a magazine named 1979-'93 Mustang Performance

I was just looking through an older 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine today, and there was a letter from a reader about this topic, as well as a reply from Steve Turner. It's kind of long to write, and I don't have a scanner. Could someone please scan this and post it. It was published in the May or June 2007 issue (it says display until june 12, 2007), on page 220, bottom left.

yeah i wrote them awhile ago and told them to pull their heads out of their asses, and they changed my letter around, made me sound like a toolbag, and then slammed me.

• Sponsors (?)

I've gotten to the point where i read Mustang Monthly more than any of the others because at least i can flip through there and see a test on carbureted engine builds. I know it's asking a lot to expect to see carb build ups, but lately i've seen just as many Fox's in a classic Mustang magazine as i have in the one that's clearly titled 5.0 on the cover. They should just change it to 4.6 Mustangs and Super Fords.

They were the ones that sounded like a tool bag. When I saw the response they gave you, my draw dropped, then I got kind of pissed. What got me was when they told you " If you don't like our take on the mustang, we humbly submit that you check out some of the other fine magazines out there. If those don't work, we're sure you'd fit in on an internet message board."

WTF? Who do they think they are? That's no way to respond to a customer. And to print that!!

I've gotten to the point where i read Mustang Monthly more than any of the others because at least i can flip through there and see a test on carbureted engine builds. I know it's asking a lot to expect to see carb build ups, but lately i've seen just as many Fox's in a classic Mustang magazine as i have in the one that's clearly titled 5.0 on the cover. They should just change it to 4.6 Mustangs and Super Fords.

5.0 and Super Ford on the cover, but if you look at the binding it says Fox, SN-95, new edge, S197 and beyond.

I guess we're supposed to read the fine print.

5.0 and Super Ford on the cover, but if you look at the binding it says Fox, SN-95, new edge, S197 and beyond.

I guess we're supposed to read the fine print.

Yeah, i don't blame them really. Like mentioned before, they're just going with the flow and progression of the sport and they probably are catering to the majority of Mustang owners out there...i'm just speaking on my own personal opinion and preference. I do think it's stupid to include 5.0 in the title at all though, i think they should've just changed the whole name to something else.

There was almost hope with Modified Mustangs....the first year was pretty damn good....too bad though.

They were the ones that sounded like a tool bag. When I saw the response they gave you, my draw dropped, then I got kind of pissed. What got me was when they told you " If you don't like our take on the mustang, we humbly submit that you check out some of the other fine magazines out there. If those don't work, we're sure you'd fit in on an internet message board."

WTF? Who do they think they are? That's no way to respond to a customer. And to print that!!

yeah seriously. they are complete tools. i laughed when i read it, only because they changed my whole letter around to make me sound retarded and then blasted me haha. i let my subscription run out they waste all of our time.

at least steve bauer was respectful

And another response from an editor over there. C'mon people, post in that thread and let them know there IS a market for this magazine.

Mike_Galimi
Moderator | Posts: 49 | Joined: 11/07 Posted: Yesterday 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone for reading MM&FF, past and present. We do carry a difficult task of catering to several generations of Mustang owners that range from '79-'08. It is a daunting task that certainly has us scrambling each month to find a balance with the different body styles and what amounts to 5-6 different engine combos. Naturally, the '05-up Mustang is super-hot right now due to its newness.

We did the Fox-Body Special (1979-'93 Mustang Performance, on newsstands now) to try to help satisfy those who only want Fox performance stories. It is a mix of new and old stories. For those who haven't picked it up yet, please do so because without support the people upstairs won't let us do another one.

I will admit, doing 5-liter stories has been difficult at times because we have beat that horse with so many stories it is hard to do it again and again. Buuuut, we do try to mix it up with some lower budget builds and higher budget stuff to satisfy both sides of the market. It seems the Fox market is split in the middle between traditional bolt-ons and more hardcore tech like turbocharged stroker engines.

I am a 5-liter guy through and through, my '07 is the first mod-motor Mustang that I have ever owned. But I will take a 5-liter any day!

Thanks everyone for reading MM&FF and our special little 1979-'93 Mustang Performance magazine. It was fun putting it together and I hope everyone goes out buys a copy and tell their friends to do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I grabbed mine the other day, and now it seems I'm seeing them everywhere. Kind of surprised at the number of big-inch Windsor features in it. Not that I don't enjoy that, just thought it was curious. I think all the Fox-specific advertisements are pretty cool.

If this takes off, sign me up!

If you haven't yet, please take a moment and sign up and let them know there is a big market for a 79-93 magazine. The only thing that could bring this to life is if they knew the market was there. The advertisers certainly are. if you don't think that they pay attention to letters, just remember that ford was going to turn the mustang into a 4 cyl fwd car that eventually became the probe. A letter writing campaign saved the v8 rwd configuration.
1979-'93 Mustang Performance ? MuscleMustangFastFords.com Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords Magazine Forum
Also, if you could, pass along this link anywhere you think it'll help.