• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

ideal drop..

  • Thread starter Thread starter M9rkym9rk112
  • Start date Start date Apr 17, 2004
M

M9rkym9rk112

New Member
Oct 2, 2003
62
0
0
Riverside, California
Apr 17, 2004
#1
  • Apr 17, 2004
  • #1
I want to lower my car...thinking of putting sportline springs on my stang,,,,but im asking what would be your ideal drop???
 

nomuffler

Member
Aug 20, 2003
330
0
16
Awash in a sea of decedant luxury and meaningless
Apr 17, 2004
#2
  • Apr 17, 2004
  • #2
For handling or looks? Either way progressive rate around 800lb or so, no more than a half inch, maybe an inch, drop before your start ****ing up the geometry. Eibachs are good, especialy the sportlines. I had them in m '89 2.3. My dad's got H&R on his '00 GT they are way way better than the sportlines that were on his car before them (yes that's where I got mine) Get struts and shocks to match, I suggest Bilsteins.
It doesn't take much to look better, here's dad's car.
From the back
From the front
 

GREENBIOCH

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,241
0
0
In an Igloo
Apr 17, 2004
#3
  • Apr 17, 2004
  • #3
I agree the eibach's would be a good choice ( no more than an 1.5" drop). I have heard that fords C springs are good to and they are affordable. 109 bucks at www.gefracing.com both of those are good choices.
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Apr 18, 2004
#4
  • Apr 18, 2004
  • #4
If I didn't have to worry about pot holes, speed bumps, and garbage on the road, I would go with about a 3-4" drop
 

nomuffler

Member
Aug 20, 2003
330
0
16
Awash in a sea of decedant luxury and meaningless
Apr 18, 2004
#5
  • Apr 18, 2004
  • #5
AP1995V6 said:
If I didn't have to worry about pot holes, speed bumps, and garbage on the road, I would go with about a 3-4" drop
Click to expand...
And our car would handle and ride like ****. Not to mention lok as if the suspension had collapsed.
 
2

2klaseredstang

New Member
Feb 12, 2003
21
0
0
NJ
Apr 18, 2004
#6
  • Apr 18, 2004
  • #6
Hey nomuffler is that black on your dads rear the CDC insert or is that painted? I don't really like the cdc insert but that looks real good and am thinkin about it for my car.
 

nomuffler

Member
Aug 20, 2003
330
0
16
Awash in a sea of decedant luxury and meaningless
Apr 18, 2004
#7
  • Apr 18, 2004
  • #7
2klaseredstang said:
Hey nomuffler is that black on your dads rear the CDC insert or is that painted? I don't really like the cdc insert but that looks real good and am thinkin about it for my car.
Click to expand...
Rattle can, high temp engine stuff I think. It's holding up realy good to, I saw him yesterday and there wasn't any fade or chipping.
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Apr 18, 2004
#8
  • Apr 18, 2004
  • #8
That's why I said I'd only want 3-4" on ideal roads... so there wouldn't be any bumps So the ride wouldn't matter since everything sould be smooth.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
4.6L 4v motor swap
  • DangStitches
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
151
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 29, 2026
squeak93
Resolved Wiring electric fan
  • cbac89
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
168
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
cbac89
Suspension End link replacement size
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • May 12, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
235
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 20, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
B
68 coupe rear drop
  • Butchd88
  • Apr 3, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
220
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Apr 19, 2026
C.R.M.
S
Clear corners
  • solopupulon
  • Jul 24, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
378
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?