Ideas for new ride

04newedge

Jul 1, 2018
Houston
Hey guys I just recently purchased an ‘04 4.6 auto trans. I would really like to run a supercharger on it, However I had a few questions about it:

1. Can I add a supercharger with the stock internals? Any supporting mods that are mandatory if I do this?

2. How much HP can I expect to gain?

3. Will these dramatically affect my MPG?

4. Any concerns with engine longevity if I do this?

5. What is the best supercharger to go with (brand)?

I am not looking to push crazy amounts of power, just looking to push a little more power. I do not plan to push more than 6-7 LBS of boost.

• Sponsors (?)

1. Can I add a supercharger with the stock internals? Any supporting mods that are mandatory if I do this?
Yes. You just need to upgrade your fuel pump (or buy a boost a pump) and bigger fuel injectors (at least 39 lbs). A dyno tune is strongly recommended.

Stock you are at around 220ish to the wheels. People are safely in the upper 300 rwhp range on stock internals.

Yes. You press the gas pedal more. Highway driving MPG is very near stock.

Not if you have a good tune.

Depends on how you want your car to drive, there really isn’t a “bad brand”. Top mount twin screw for instant power (kenne bell), centri supercharger for good gains up top / bang for buck (vortech or Procharger).

Yes. You just need to upgrade your fuel pump (or buy a boost a pump) and bigger fuel injectors (at least 39 lbs). A dyno tune is strongly recommended.

Stock you are at around 220ish to the wheels. People are safely in the upper 300 rwhp range on stock internals.

Depends on how you want your car to drive, there really isn’t a “bad brand”. Top mount twin screw for instant power (kenne bell), centri supercharger for good gains up top / bang for buck (vortech or Procharger).

Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it.

One other question. Will this cause any issues with my transmission?