Idle issue when coming to a stop, I know this has prob been beat to death

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Here's my deal, car has been dyno tuned with SCT chip, The car idles fine when started up, but when coming to a stop sometimes while driving it wants to stay a 2K rpms, I can lightly tap the throttle and it will settle down where it should be, any suggestions?? Just about everything on the car is new as far as sensors.

The car had been totally fine until the past few months

• Sponsors (?)

Check to see if throttle cable is binding. Next time it hangs, pop the hood, jump out and see if you can get the idle to slow down by pushing on the throttle arm where the cable mounts.

Check to see if throttle cable is binding. Next time it hangs, pop the hood, jump out and see if you can get the idle to slow down by pushing on the throttle arm where the cable mounts.

That had not crossed my mind!!

While we are on topic, is there any specific lube for throttle body butterfly?? Mine has been feeling a little sticky and I will be willing to bet that is most likely the problem now that you mentioned the throttle cable. I know it's a good cable because I recently replaced it.

Brand of TB and are there screws on the blade?

Sometimes they stick if the mechanical throttle stop is set too low.

It is a holley throttle body, not sure yet if it has screws on the blade or not, I have been into oil change, driveshaft and starter swap and oil change today, prob get to the TB tonight