If you ever used Nitto tires, come in here!!!!

I've got the normal 555's in a 275/40/17 all the way around with a 1.5" drop and I only get a little rub up front when the wheel is turned all the way in either direction. I've only had the tires on for about a month, so hard to tell how they're wearing just yet, but I'm quite satisfied with them so far, good tire :nice:

Aaron

• Sponsors (?)

i found a guy selling 4 245 nittos brand new for a good price. they are the 555's tho.

do these perform better then the Goodyear Eagle GTII P245/50R16 that i have now. i heared that the nitto 555's have pretty good traction but not as great as the 555r's

i'm thinking about getting these so i can install them this weekend.

later down the road i'll get the 275 555r's

I have 275/40/17 555's up front & 315/35/17 dr's out back. The backs were taost with about 17k miles, but that with a TON of burnouts/drag racing/donuts. The fronts I'd say are noly about 1/2 wore down. I do get some rubbing on the swaybar at full lock, but nothing I cant get used to avoiding, as its only in tight parking spaces.

Next time around I plan on getting the 555RII's on the front, since I auto-x & road race.

How does the nitto DR do in the rain? I'm afraid to wipe out and get in an accident when it rains. I keep hearing mixed opinions on this and this is kinda what is keeping from buying them. If I go with them I'll buy the 315/35/17 size. Thanks.

I have had no problems in the rain at all...in fact...after the tires got some miles on there it grabs harder in a straight line than my regular radials did:shrug:

At first they are "slicker" in the rain...in my case they were.

I drive mine everyday (my only car) in rain or snow...(got stuck 3 times...this past winter...lol)...