I'm actually surprised. I don't like the new 2010 Stang shots.

It will take some getting used to.

I thought the same thing with the 99-04 mustangs because I was a big fan of the curvy bodys on the 94-98 mustangs. I think I still only like the 03-04 Cobra of all those body style Mustangs.

On the 2010 mustangs it looks like a Dodge-styled interior, atleast the guages. And the tailligts look goofy. The white lights look out of place, but might make it easier to make the car European compliant. I guess we will just have to wait until we get more than just spy shots of it.

• Sponsors (?)

I heard that the 2009s are already out so it makes no differance to show the car....
I remember Ford showing their newest 2005 Stang Gt in 2003,,,I wonder why they did that if they had two more years to sell the 2003s and 2004s????

I heard that the 2009s are already out so it makes no differance to show the car....
I remember Ford showing their newest 2005 Stang Gt in 2003,,,I wonder why they did that if they had two more years to sell the 2003s and 2004s????

Yes your correct, the 2009's are already out. However if Ford shows the 2010 too soon, people won't buy any of the current 2009 models, but will just wait for the 2010's to arrive instead.

I totally understand where Ford is coming from, and the last thing they need, is to lose even more money because of 2009 models sitting around in dealer lots not getting sold.

As for Ford showing the 2005 Mustang back in 2003 ? If you recall, that was actually the 2005 concept car, and not the actual production model. So there was no risk of Ford losing sales on any of their 2003, and 04 models back then.

On the other hand, the 2010 is not a concept car, but is the actual production model of the next generation S-197 Mustang, which will go into production 8 months from now. If you think about it, that really isn't too far away.

In the meantime, expect to see the 2010 revealed at the L.A. auto show this upcoming November.

It will take some getting used to.

I thought the same thing with the 99-04 mustangs because I was a big fan of the curvy bodys on the 94-98 mustangs. I think I still only like the 03-04 Cobra of all those body style Mustangs.

On the 2010 mustangs it looks like a Dodge-styled interior, atleast the guages. And the tailligts look goofy. The white lights look out of place, but might make it easier to make the car European compliant. I guess we will just have to wait until we get more than just spy shots of it.

A Dodge styled interior ? far from it. Take a look at this 68 Mustang interior, and then see if the gauges still look like a Dodge styled interior.

th_1968FordMustangCoupeinterior.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Concept cars usually are debuted years in advance whether they go into production or just borrow a few ideas for various models that see production later. Actual production models are traditionally covered until under a year from production as mentioned already.

I like the steering wheel idea with radio controls and what not. That's one thing that I wish the current model years had that they don't have. My guess is that they will have the sync option on the new stangs and what not.

I agree fully that the car is ugly as hell so far. I'll wait till I see it, but currently, it's ugly.