Im an idiot who bought a Ebay chip but help me put it on anyways

mrrrkva

Dec 26, 2004
Since I didnt get on the board till after I bought the chip, please help me put on my cheap chip. It goes on teh Intake air temperature and it says it has a plug with 2 wires. I found 2 of those under the intake manifold. Can u tell me if it is the one closest to the front of the car or the bulk head? Or is it somwhere else. I looked around throttle body and cold air intake.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

As much as I want to give you instruction on installing your "chip", I have to tell you that will do more harm than it could ever do good. Do NOT install it, it won't be goodfor your motor, and I don't mean your electronics, it will hurt the mechanical design of the motor.

Yeah... tricking your car into thinking there is more colder denser air coming in then their actually is cant be good (otherwise why bother having a sensor in the first place) I always thought that was kinda unbalanced... so it tricks your CPU into thinking there is really cold/dense air, so it bumps up the fuel to compensate and give you a little more kick... but now you dont have that air there... so what happens, there isnt that colder air there to mix with the fuel!? one would imagine that there would be more fuel waste... i dont think it would go to the extent of not letting you pass emisions though, lol.

Here's how you install it:

1) Disconnect your battery and pull and then disconnect the wiring harness from the MAS Sensor - has two wires on it, visible from the top of the air tube.

2) Next, lean your head way in and have a friend bump the hood prop rod out, and let the hood slam down on your head.

3) Have your friend repeatedly bash your head in with the hood until you either come to your senses or die from massive head trauma.

4) Be an informed buyer, and don't go installing crap people just told you NOT to install!

a lil off topic here, but still relevant...

2 of my friends have Hondas (one accord and a civic). Well, i guess they know this Honda Tech guy and he installed a resistor between two wires. He said it makes the computer think that the air coming in is colder and puts more fuel in. Is this similar to the "chip" that mrrrkva bought? Therefor, the resistor is doing more harm than good?

JDMsTangR said:
hey now...be nice there aznzebra. weve both owned one, and you cant say

that you didnt enjoy it while you had it. even though my new cars a lil faster

now, i still miss that lil pep. :flag:

didn't mean it like that. i mean there is no point of increasing the amount of fuel going into the cyl with stock hp. thats why i laugh at dudes buying fuel rails and pumps and injectors when they got no turbo or SC.

the only time u need more fuel is to keep air/fuel ratio consistent. because if ur ramming too much air into the cyl without enough fuel you're going to detonate.

Scorcher2005 said:
a lil off topic here, but still relevant...

2 of my friends have Hondas (one accord and a civic). Well, i guess they know this Honda Tech guy and he installed a resistor between two wires. He said it makes the computer think that the air coming in is colder and puts more fuel in. Is this similar to the "chip" that mrrrkva bought? Therefor, the resistor is doing more harm than good?

anyone?

MarvinMyCat said:
Here's how you install it:

1) Disconnect your battery and pull and then disconnect the wiring harness from the MAS Sensor - has two wires on it, visible from the top of the air tube.

2) Next, lean your head way in and have a friend bump the hood prop rod out, and let the hood slam down on your head.

3) Have your friend repeatedly bash your head in with the hood until you either come to your senses or die from massive head trauma.

4) Be an informed buyer, and don't go installing crap people just told you NOT to install!

lmao

In response to the question raised if what Mrrrkva bought was basically a resistor, the answer is yes. Although i have seen some of these that are in small boxes, they could just be jokes with resistors, or someone more technically inclined, (yet still stupid enough to try to trick the computer) could somehow rig up a Potentiometer, no? That would be funny, in a civic with VTEC, you would have variable valve timing, and variable air temp/rate readings! :bang: :rolleyes: :D

aznzebra said:
didn't mean it like that. i mean there is no point of increasing the amount of fuel going into the cyl with stock hp. thats why i laugh at dudes buying fuel rails and pumps and injectors when they got no turbo or SC.

perfect example of how america makes money off idiots like them. :lol: :lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

MarvinMyCat said:
All the parts including the fancy black boxes are available from Radio Shack.
Gotta love Radio Shack, although many things (such as resistors and pots) at our radio shack are in these shelving units that pull out now, sometimes makes things harder to find because the some people that work there are idiots and put them in the wrong spots! Granted many know what they are talking about, what is going on, where stuff is and if they have it in stock! :banana: