I'm curious now? What classifies "RICE" as "RICE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as the title states. There seems to be some debate on what is and is not classified as "RICE".
Is it anything foreign?:shrug:
Is it something foreign only with a fartcan or similar mods?:shrug:
Not trying to start an argument, i'm just confused now?:(
I started a thread about burnt rice and it seemed like a couple/few took it wrong. Sorry to offend you guys.
Now classify.

Later.

• Sponsors (?)

i think rice is something that the owner tries to make look and sound really fast but is very slow these are usually imports with fart can mufflers :nice:

That's a great definition. I'd also add that in my opinion, rice is adding non-functional body or engine parts, such as an intercooler with no supercharger or a huge wing on a car that can't break 100 mph.

ricer-18188.jpg

Attachments

• ricer-18188.jpg
    ricer-18188.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 83
Ok....this was the clase-closer in the "Fried Rice" thread, so I'll pull it out of the archives and re-use it. :D

This is what MOST folks consider rice.....

First of all, rice is almost CERTAINLY an attitude, not a car. ANY car can be done "properly" which would eliminate the title "rice". For instance, Spec-V has a very nicely done Nissan Sentra SE-R pushing over 500 hp. That's not rice.

An example of rice would be an individual who buys or acquires their very own Honda Civic EX and puts a loud coffee can muffler on the back thinking it will give him 140 more hp to the wheels or something like that. You know who these individuals are b/c you can hear them coming a mile a way and you see them in your rearview mirror swirving in and out of lanes making everybody nervous on the highway.

Generally they FRONT like their car is fast, when really, it isn't..........at ALL.

They will invest MORE time in tinting their windows and installing loud sound systems then they will actually making their car go faster. None the less, they are under the impression that the fart can is the be all end all modification which will push them to the front of every race.

Oh, and you can bet the personality of the person driving the car will match the description of the car itself. Example:

"Hey man, my car is SOOOO fast," will more than likely be followed by the comment, "What dude? I'm the ****. I wouldn't mess with me b/c I'm the coolest mother ****er in the world."

They think they are something that they are not. They are fake dudes with fake cars. I probably needn't go any further with this description b/c I'm sure you get the idea of the type of individuals I'm talking about. We've all seen'em and dealt with'em before, and we'll probably have to continue dealing with'em in the future. Oh well, to each his own I suppose. I just think it's funny.

Also, I'm sure there are some who would consider my recently acquired Acura TSX to be "rice". However, when referring to the real ricer definition, it is not, nor am I one. Yes I hope to do a few basic bolt-ons, but coffee can mufflers will NEVER be on my list of things to install. I will eventually run with a DC header, Greddy catback, CCI flywheel, UR underdrive pulleys, and a Hondata K-Pro reflash.

Probably run in the low 14s, high 13s. I would be happy with that, but at the same time, it's not going to be a track car. Just a very nicely done TSX. The way a TSX SHOULD be done. :nice:

After all, it's only my DD. :D

Eh, it's just like everything there are different opinions. Some people would call me a "cracker" just because I'm white. Some would say I don't qualify.

Some would classify a "cracker" as one who has a pale or pasty skin complection if you will, which immediately throws EVERYONE caucasian into the "cracker" category. Just like the "ricer" category, the "cracker" category has often been misconstrewed as well.

For instance, a PROPERLY done caucasian should never be considered a "cracker". As long as the individual doesn't have taped arms on their glasses or have a yearly supply of pocket protectors, they shouldn't be generally referred to as a "cracker".

An example of cracker would be one who can't dance to a beat, won't stay out after dark, and still lives with his mother at the age of 48. I.e. a cracker.

When looking at Bill Nye the Science Guy, we can see why the terminology "cracker" came into play.

However, Eminem on the otherhand, would not fit the description of a "cracker".

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Just as the title states. There seems to be some debate on what is and is not classified as "RICE".
Is it anything foreign?:shrug:
Is it something foreign only with a fartcan or similar mods?:shrug:
Not trying to start an argument, i'm just confused now?:(
I started a thread about burnt rice and it seemed like a couple/few took it wrong. Sorry to offend you guys.
Now classify.

Later.

Rice is classified as anything you've done to the looks of your car that some internet crybaby doesn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.