In the words of a famous mad scientist...

WOT

Founding Member
Nov 26, 2000
Regina, Canada
IT"S ALIVE! ALIIVE!

Today the beast has breathed its first breaths. I haven't heard that car in 12 months. What a sweet sound it was too.

It pretty much fired right up too. I can tell the tune is way out to lunch though. It searches for idle, and if does settle in it ususally stalls out.

But as with anything Murphy's Law showed up. right as I was getting it up to about 10 minutes of breakin. One of my AC lines decided it was too close to the header and poped. Scared the bejusus out of me. I have never seen a cloud that thick come out of a car before. That stuff is rank. But big deal, I will have to replace that line and get it recharged.

Now I need a tune.:banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Tid bit for those who may not know R134A after it has been run through the combustion process becomes quite the potent nerve toxin. Best to leave the area till it clears up. Glad to hear she lives again! Now it get it tuned and get it to the track! You aren't a real racer till you bounce your car off the guard rails a couple of times.

I can vouch for the toxicity of it. I still feel a little off since then. That stuff is not good.

As for how it runs, so far it sounds awesome. And I do hope to have it tuned very soon.