Increase Rpm With Almost No Power.

ARZ 5.0

Apr 15, 2014
Conroe , TX
Anyone ever had the issue of getting on the gas and having next to no power. Just put new motor in but was also occurring when old motor was installed. Have not had tuned yet I hope that is the issue but can't imagine that much of a difference. Feels like when I installed larger diameter intake on my 05 without a tune. Everything else on the car is pretty much new so don't know where else to start.

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone ever had the issue of getting on the gas and having next to no power. Just put new motor in but was also occurring when old motor was installed. Have not had tuned yet I hope that is the issue but can't imagine that much of a difference. Feels like when I installed larger diameter intake on my 05 without a tune. Everything else on the car is pretty much new so don't know where else to start.
Also will my car run cooler with a tune? I had a 160 TS installed and should have stuck with the 180 I think

Love to help you out bud, but you gave absolutely no specs on your car and no driving conditions in which this happens?!? Pretty tough to answer any questions?

...and to be frank, unless you're running a high compression, high RPM, high horsepower stroker/nitrous/FI engine, you probably should have just left the stock 192 degree thermostat in there.

Sorry, just put an economy block from LMR with cast pistons. Edlebrock performer heads, Cobra Upper and lower. E303 cam and also Has BBK CAI. Aluminum radiator with dual fans and the 160 thermostat. I don't know what size the mass air is and if the car had been tuned before. I do know in the past this was a drag car that was running nitrous.
image.jpg

I would also recommend changing the air filter. You are sucking in underhood hot air. You are better off with either a stock air box or an aftermarket fenderwell CAI

What's with the wires all on the driver side innder fender and over the battery

Sorry, just put an economy block from LMR with cast pistons. Edlebrock performer heads, Cobra Upper and lower. E303 cam and also Has BBK CAI. Aluminum radiator with dual fans and the 160 thermostat. I don't know what size the mass air is and if the car had been tuned before. I do know in the past this was a drag car that was running nitrous.
image.jpg
It seems to really heat up during stop and go traffic and won't cool down after I get moving even at highway speed which I kinda thought weird.

Not yet but I will today. Old drag car has EGR delete on it. I pulled computer yesterday and noticed that it has never been touched. Car has bigger MAF, e303 cam aluminum heads, O/R Xpipe, longtubes. Cobra upper and lower, 73mm TB, etc... So with out being tuned I wonder if it would throw the ECU off that much?
I'm far from expert but I kinda think you have something else going on. Will it run ok when you're not in the throttle? Where's the timing set?

I have seen those underhood air filters cause problems, but usually it causes it to run funny. Air comes off the fan and hits the filter. It goes into the MAF at a funny angle and messes with the computer.

Kurt