Installing LCAs. Any other minor mods I might want to do while I'm in there?

• Sponsors (?)

yes you need adj uppers and solid lowers, set the pinion at -2 and get some Dr's with a panhard bar, also run fox 4cl srpings up front and it will hook like a mutha

I'm not a drag racer - this is my summer nice-weather car. I dont want soggy springs or DRs.:shrug:

I dont think i need new uppers...? I was thinking bushings and crap. Anything minor that I could do while I was in there. Maybe I should replace the swaybar, rebuild the rear diff?? Wondered if there was anything obvious that I should do. Perhaps not.

Maybe the swaybar...

If you're putting in MM LCA's, you can remove the quad shocks while you're in there.

You DON'T want any other uppers aside from the MM/FRPP ones, or you'll add more bind. Just check to make sure the factory bushing is ok and you'll be fine.

LCAs are Pro3i Street/Race with the spherical bushing on one end and poly on the other. Pretty similar to the MMs. What do the quad shocks do that makes them obsolete with decent LCAs?

I had never heard this before. If I had I wouldn't have bought new UCAs. Guess I won't be installing them :shrug:

MM's units are merely FRPPs, which are stock units with more bracing (IIRC).

As long as the stock rubber bushing is ok, you're fine. I wouldn't (and didn't) go through the trouble, time, and did I mention TROUBLE of replacing mine.

Since the stock lower control arms are so amazing to begin with, Ford put in quad shocks as a band-aid to prevent wheel hop under heavy acceleration. Hence when replacing the amazing lower control arms with superior ones, the quad shocks no longer provide the quick fix they were originally set out to do. Making them needless weight on your car.

Good info. I just did some reading on MMs site. Rekon its ok to remove the quad shocks then??? Makes me a little nervous... do you think I should install the LCAs, see how it is, then remove the quad shocks and compare? Or are they just totally obsolete at this point?

Heres thelink to my LCAs. I have the Street/Race ones with spherical bearings on the axle side.

http://www.partshopper.com/shop/Pro3-Mustang-Lower-Control-Arms-79-04-m176.html

Good info. I just did some reading on MMs site. Rekon its ok to remove the quad shocks then??? Makes me a little nervous... do you think I should install the LCAs, see how it is, then remove the quad shocks and compare? Or are they just totally obsolete at this point?

Heres thelink to my LCAs. I have the Street/Race ones with spherical bearings on the axle side.

http://www.partshopper.com/shop/Pro3-Mustang-Lower-Control-Arms-79-04-m176.html

with those LCA's you can remove the quad shocks, not all aftermarket LCA's allow you to do that