Installing motor mount questions

I just got my new motor mounts in that I ordered from american muscle. a local shop here in gulf shores alabama where I live quoted 233.00 plus tax for the job. I took the car there 3 weeks ago for the quote. the guy never looked at the car just the computer for hours on job. I called him to confirm the price and he states 233.00. take it there today and drop it off. guy calls me back and say ive made a mistake its gonna me more like 380.00 400.00 cause its gonna take the guy all day to do it. he has to drop the pipes and remove the oil filter and starter. hmm im assuming that was a given on the job anyway. I was thinking he had to drop the whole K-member to get to the mounts myself. or take the main mount bolts out and hoist one side of motor up and do one side at time. is this really a hard job to do? and what would be a average price for this job? seems every shop goes to a computer to quote me a price.

• Sponsors (?)

They really are a PITA to do. Took me 5 hours lying on my back to do them in my 96 Cobra. Didnt drop the K member, just lifted the engine. As far as labor is concerned, I would think someone who knows what hes doing and has a proper lift could do the job in about 2-3 hours. So the $233 quote seems about right to me, $400 seems way high. Really not much you can do about it at this point, just letting you know my opinion.