Installing Tfs Street Burner Intake

View attachment 183737

Vehicle: 1988 Mustang GT
View attachment 183738

We were assembling the last bits of the new crate motor in the Mustang (306 Ford Racing) and got to the point of putting the new EGR Spacer, and as we slid it on the studs, it ran into the fuel pressure regulator. There's about 1/4 or 1/2 inch of separation between the spacer and the intake because of the contact. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this? Do we need to buy some sort of a spacer from Trick Flow? I looked all through the instructions and searched online and couldn't find any mention of one required. This is supposed to be their intake that is fully compatible with emissions, so I wasn't expecting to have any issues with those kind of components lining up, other than having to extend and reroute some hoses as was mentioned in the instructions. Hoping to get the engine finished today if it can be done without buying extra parts, otherwise I really need to find out what we need to get this finished. Any help from anyone would be GREATLY appreciated, especially over the busy holiday weekend when all the companies I could call to help are closed View attachment 183739 .

-Chris

• Sponsors (?)

they make 3/8" and 1" spacers that go between the upper and lower intakes, assuming you dont have super tall valve covers the 3/8" should work just fine. i have a kirban regulator on mine (big mofo, dont know what you have) and the egr valve just barely clears touching the reg with the 3/8 spacer.