TN
AFR 185s
TFS 2001 (stg 2)
24 lb inj
70mm
75mm
190 pump
fpr

currently have the TFS street heat now. was told by a mustang performance shop ( Delk ) that i needed a Edelbrock Victor 5.0. said the TFS will work and be a torque monster but will loose power after 4800. i looked at the specs on the Victor- operating range : 4000 - 7500. sounds like this isnt for me? this is a NA street driven weekend car. this car probably wont ever see anything over 5800 - 6000. one reason is bc im just not hard on my stuff.

he has alot of dyno time/experience. on a 331 he recently done, the car made like 320 and he changed the intake to a victor ( dont know what it was before) and made no other changes, dyno'd again and it picked up close to 40 hp. which of course, alot of other factors play a big part

is the victor too much for what im doin? will it make power at all down low?

i was thinking more like a holley systemax. seems its like a 2000-6500 range? plus i like the shiney finish

anybody wanna buy a NEW TFS street heat? just got it powdercoated to my taste ( different color silver ). :D

• Sponsors (?)

I would use a holley. A victor intake on your car doesn't mean you will make power to 7,500. Your car will be dead after 6,200 with a victor because you don't have the cam to support higher rpm power. Why aren't you going 347 since you want good torque down low? Why not a custom cam? You can easily make 375rwhp under 6,000 rpm, why spend all that money and not make good power? No offense, just wondering.

My friend did near 400rwhp under 6,000 rpm with his 347 using FTI afr 185's, FTI cam, port matched rpm II, 75mm tb, 1 3/4" longtubes and a 3" X pipe. Torque monster too!

Grn92LX said:
I would use a holley. A victor intake on your car doesn't mean you will make power to 7,500. Your car will be dead after 6,200 with a victor because you don't have the cam to support higher rpm power. Why aren't you going 347 since you want good torque down low? Why not a custom cam? You can easily make 375rwhp under 6,000 rpm, why spend all that money and not make good power? No offense, just wondering.

My friend did near 400rwhp under 6,000 rpm with his 347 using FTI afr 185's, FTI cam, port matched rpm II, 75mm tb, 1 3/4" longtubes and a 3" X pipe. Torque monster too!

if its dead at 6200 , thats fine with me . probably wont ever hit that anyway. long as it pulls to 6000 in case i want it. choosing not to do a 347 bc i dont like the more aggressive rod ratio. also the problems with oil consumption some ppl have had. whether it be bc of the cubes or bc of the builder, if i do a 331 i wont have to worry.

i see you think the holley may be a good choice as well. so would the victor just kill my bottem end or would i just not utilize the intake?

thanks man

Flavadave4 said:
I think the holley would be a great choice for a decent down low grunt, but will still alow good flow through the RPM's

I dont thinnk you would really utilize the Victor....especially if you plan on shifting at 5g

you said decent grunt, changing to a better gear maybe compensate for that? and then i could still pull hard to 6?

Most times from what i have seen and read you get great pull in the high RPMs but a little loss down low and vice versa......please someone correect me if i am off base here.

For me i could not live without the torque down low.....thats what excites me about a car, not the ability to sit on the dyno and make max numbers at 6900 RPM

give me useable power......1500-5500, thats all i need

fiveoho said:
well said

-so if i want bottem grunt, that tfs street i have now would work. but what rpm range will it stop? will it go past 4800?

I thinnk it would work well.....when they say it stops making power @ 4800 its not like the car is going to fall on its face.
At 5500 the car is still going to be making good power, maybe not as much as a high flowing intake but you should make up for it out of the hole.

I have heard nothing but good about the trick flow intakes

people cuss the street heat all the time and i dont understand why. even for 306 app's they say its too small. maybe they want most of the power in the higher rpms? :shrug: