Intake Leaking Fuel?

• Sponsors (?)

Did I read that you just had the heads done?
Ooohh k! There's hope, best scenario would be spring broke, valve is just off the seat enough for the no compression reading, worse case would be it pitched the valve into the piston bending it and hopefully didn't bust the piston.
Ahhhhhh, and you're gonna pull the head, or did I say that already?
Show us what you find. Some of us dig mechanical carnage. :nice:

Did I read that you just had the heads done?
Ooohh k! There's hope, best scenario would be spring broke, valve is just off the seat enough for the no compression reading, worse case would be it pitched the valve into the piston bending it and hopefully didn't bust the piston.
Ahhhhhh, and you're gonna pull the head, or did I say that already?
Show us what you find. Some of us dig mechanical carnage. :nice:
Thanks for the response brother! I pulled it off and y’all were right! It did smack the valve so I’m going to assume the valve is bent as well. Lol on the carninge of an idiot! Well it seems it barley made a scrape in there. I can run my mail on it. It feels very slight maybe .5 of an inch, comparing it to a .10 pedestal shim its very very slight so think my piston got damaged? At least enough to make a difference? The valve looks good but
I think that black dirt/grime is from the piston smack because I wiped it brake cleaner and it wouldn’t come off easily. Think I’d get by with a new valve ,spring. Pushrod. I don’t have to pay for a full valve job right? Do they have to use a new valve guide when installing valves?Thank you guys so much.If the valve didn’t hit the piston I think I could’ve pulled my idea off changing spring on head

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    657.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    810.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    700.9 KB · Views: 28
Take the head to a shop that does head work and have them look it over. Would suck to just push a valve in and toss it back on to find the seat or guide is damaged.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
My take on this is the spring broke and the valve hung down in the cylinder which then met the piston at a high velocity several times. Being that none of the other valves have touched the pistons you should be good to go. If you are just wanting to clean it up then by all means do that but my guess is you do not need any additional clearance. If you are concerned about it then the easy way to tell is clay the #5 cylinder and see how much piston to valve clearance you have.

Reactions: 1 user