Engine Intake, throttle body, mass air combo

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. Iam I going to see any performance difference with the new/old lower?

The restriction is with the lower on the Cobra intake. Thats the major bottleneck in the entire intake track from throttle body to the headers. Your heads flow better than standard E7 heads, but the lower intake is still a choke point. Open that up a bit and you should see some power across all the RPM range.

The ported lower is a very good match for your entire combo in general.

Keep the lower you remove off your car. It may be repairable or salvageable.

Last edited:
Oh, and pickup a 1/4 inch and a 3/8 inch torque wrenches from Harbor Freight so that you don't crush any more aluminium :jester:

1638392719912.png

1638392775065.png

Reactions: 1 users
The restriction is with the lower on the Cobra intake. Thats the major bottleneck in the entire intake track from throttle body to the headers. Your heads flow better than standard E7 heads, but the lower intake is still a choke point. Open that up a bit and you should see some power across all the RPM range.

The ported lower is a very good match for your entire combo in general.

Keep the lower you remove off your car. It may be repairable or salvageable.
Will do. While iam doing all this. Thinking of upgrading yalve covers. Iam looking at ford racing at lmr but might have clearance problems. What you think about 1" intake spacer? Kill 2 birds, intake performance and valve cover clearance

Will do. While iam doing all this. Thinking of upgrading yalve covers. Iam looking at ford racing at lmr but might have clearance problems. What you think about 1" intake spacer? Kill 2 birds, intake performance and valve cover clearance
Ps. Iam going to scratch the spacer and new valve covers. Need other things for this project. Question on injector o ring replacement? Do I get just the o rings? Are get kit with caps? Difference in $, buy want to do this right. Much appreciated.

Ps. Iam going to scratch the spacer and new valve covers. Need other things for this project. Question on injector o ring replacement? Do I get just the o rings? Are get kit with caps? Difference in $, buy want to do this right. Much appreciated.

Get the full kit that comes with O-rings, pintle caps and the top filters. Go on youtube and watch videos on flushing the injectors with carb cleaner.

A 3/8” spacer is all you need for a cobra intake to clear those valve covers. 3/8” will also fit under stock hood. 1” will not

That's exactly what I have on my car

A63E9048-6EB8-4443-8A50-5265E2725BD5.jpeg

• Drool
Reactions: 1 user
Get the full kit that comes with O-rings, pintle caps and the top filters. Go on youtube and watch videos on flushing the injectors with carb cleaner.

A 3/8” spacer is all you need for a cobra intake to clear those valve covers. 3/8” will also fit under stock hood. 1” will not

That's exactly what I have on my car

A63E9048-6EB8-4443-8A50-5265E2725BD5.jpeg
I have Cowl hood. But the money iam spending on the intake debacle I caused, I have to wait. Will order the kit..thank you very much for your quideance on everything. Your motor set up looks cool. I ordered some black wrinkle paint. Iam going to paint the lower, upper, and valve covers. Should look pretty good. I like the black out look.

I those same valve covers with a cobra intake and didn't need any spacer for it to clear. All you need to do is notch the bolt holes in your throttle cable bracket a little bit to allow you to slide it up a higher to clear the valve covers. I did buy a 3/8" spacer but didn't use it due to clearance issues with my strut tower brace.

Reactions: 1 user