Introduction/ Unfortunate Electrical Issue

2001bullitt03937

Sep 2, 2014
Hey everyone, names Ryan and i own a 2001 mustang bullitt. this if my first post. Unfortunately, im having a pretty annoying electrical issue with my mustang. I have codes p0443, p1451, p0135 and p0155. i found a post on these forums with a similar issue , but am wondering where else to go as far as diagnosis. im trying to also get my hands on an 01 bullitt wiring book. anyways, here we go. i found fuse #8 blown, which is an engine control fuse (20amp). first, i tried replacing the fuse. pop. then, after more research, inspected my upstream o2 sensors and wiring with them for any issues. no visible issues, no burn marks or contact on the exhaust. then, i disconnected both of the 02 sensors and (using a borrowed fuse-saver tool) checked if the issue was still present. it is. i'm not to electrically savvy, but i was able to locate a 16-pin connector under the hood (against firewall on passenger side right near the large connector with a bolt through the center) that, when disconnected, would keep the fuse from blowing.
Basically, i'm just wondering if anyone has found any other hotspots where there is some kind of short or pinch or has experienced and fixed anything like this. i don't yet have access to a wiring book, so i've been trying to use all-data diagrams and just getting pretty frustrated. like i said, both 02 sensors disconnected and the fuse still pops. only thing that i found that will keep fuse from popping is the 16-pin connector against the firewall. thanks!! sorry, i can provide more information if needed!

• Sponsors (?)

Oh! also, code breakdown. p0443: Evap emission system purge control valve circuit.
p0135: b1s1 heater circuit
p0155: b2s1 heater circuit
p0443: some sort of evap code? (my crappy handheld scantool couldnt read it)

Try unplugging all (4) O2 sensors (there are 4 not 2) and see if the fuse still blows. I suspect that it won't. Plug the O2 sensors back in one at a time until the fuse blows.

Inspect the wiring harness. Pay special attention to the rear O2 sensor pig tails for contact with the hot exhaust.

If that doesn't work, then unplug all of the sensors on the F2.8 circuit and try again.

Alldata diagrams may not be detailed enough for heavy duty wiring trouble shooting. If interested in getting a copy for yourself I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I'm going to try that later on today, not sure why I was under the impression only the front two sensors were on the circuit. Thanks again! I'll let you know if it works.