Is every body using a stock crossmember?

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I removed mine today and like a video I watched said, Flimsy.... Bentley thought so too ......

Attachments

• DSCF0540.JPG
    DSCF0540.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Sponsors (?)

He is always up for a good car ride.. Yes, I know we are off topic, but love my little pal... A wise sage did NOT call women " Mans best friend" ..lol

Attachments

• DSCF0240.JPG
    DSCF0240.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 1 user
Stifflers in mine too. AJE under the engine. Needed more clearance. My old AJE lasted for many years on the street...all the way until I decided to go curb surfing. No crowds were hurt.

Now move along before my killers get you...

8260.jpeg

8276.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Correct me if I am wrong, but the stock TRANS crossmember is a single hump for the single exhaust it has.. It needs a double hump for dual exhaust??? AND if I put in a TKX, a different TRANS crossmember will be required?? Bentley in "Guard" mode... Beware...LOL...

Attachments

• DSCF0206.JPG
    DSCF0206.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 47
Stifflers in mine too. Love it. The trans no longer flops around like a wet noodle, much more clearance, and the adjustability allowed me to get my trans setting right.

I think all cars 85 and newer had a double hump for the exhaust. If you’re converting a older car to dual exhaust no way I would go stock over a Stifflers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the stock TRANS crossmember is a single hump for the single exhaust it has.. It needs a double hump for dual exhaust??? AND if I put in a TKX, a different TRANS crossmember will be required?? Bentley in "Guard" mode... Beware...LOL...
Ah yes,forgot about that. Just get the Stifflers then. I'll eventually buy one,just not a "need" right now. Plus,they're only 50mins away so I can just go pick it up.

Stifflers in mine too. Love it. The trans no longer flops around like a wet noodle, much more clearance, and the adjustability allowed me to get my trans setting right.

I think all cars 85 and newer had a double hump for the exhaust. If you’re converting a older car to dual exhaust no way I would go stock over a Stifflers.

Attachments

• DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 61
Readying the car to pull the motor.. The car has the front brace kit?? And here is what is left of the front "V" piece.... LOL... My sister, the hot rodder.. Look out for her if your in San Fran, she has a 2017 black 911 now... LOL.....

Attachments

• DSCF0703.JPG
    DSCF0703.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
As I said, my sister did this sometime before she blew up the engine circa 2000 ish...... I bet she has NO idea this happened... I can't find the pic but they are actually two "V" braced that bolt up on the K member.... I little bit of sourcing I have done shows them unobtainable.......

As I said, my sister did this sometime before she blew up the engine circa 2000 ish...... I bet she has NO idea this happened... I can't find the pic but they are actually two "V" braced that bolt up on the K member.... I little bit of sourcing I have done shows them unobtainable.......

all over EBay...

62F186ED-F267-460B-980B-C7E9DFE1C007.png

One of the street racing shows had a Mustang with a tubular K member. It landed hard after lifting the wheels far in the air and probably scaring the young driver. The front end spread out like it was doing the splits. A buddy with a frame shop somehow brought it back. I do not think the weight savings were worth it.