is it easier to replace SN hubs with spindles on or off the car?

5.0Torx

Dec 30, 2007
hey all

just bought some spindles and hubs off of a 95 stang, to kick off my 5 lug swap. Ive been playin with em a little bit on my workbench just to check their operation and make sure nothings wrong, and it seems one of them spins more freely then the other. What should i do? does the oil in there just need to get hot from actually driving down the road and braking, or should i replace them now while theyre off the car and i dont have to deal with jacking it up and pulling the wheel, etc.

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

As long as there is not side to side play or anything I would leave them for now, cause it's not harder, or easier to change them when they are on the car.

The one that moves more freely is actually probably the one that is older or has more where. When bearings are new they are tighter.

good to know. so that answers the question of on or off the car, what about replacing them before i start to drive it? should i just wing it and see how they do? I guess i need to get the wheel and tire on there and see how they spin before i worry about it