Is it worth it to buy a catted x-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

millatime said:
The difference in price between o/r and catted is about 200 bucks. On Ebay they sell the cats used on the magnaflow pipes (part #s given) for 30 bucks each. How much does it cost roughly to have the cats welded into an o/r pipe?

personally i wouldnt buy a catted H unless you fork out the extra for long tubes , if you can get by with an Offroad go that way , if you have a 99 or newer i have a used one ill sell you for 100 plus shipping , email me at [email protected] if you are interested , welding them in would be cheaper

Im actually gonna do the same to my Bassani O/R X-Pipe. Im guessing itll be about 50 bucks to weld them in. Very simple cut and weld job. Mufflers cost about 50-50 to weld in, and these are even simpler. Just don't forget to get the 94100 Series Magnaflow Mufflers if you buy them from Enbay. I know who you're gonna buy from, im gonna do the same. He also has VERY low prices for tips too.

millatime said:
The difference in price between o/r and catted is about 200 bucks. On Ebay they sell the cats used on the magnaflow pipes (part #s given) for 30 bucks each. How much does it cost roughly to have the cats welded into an o/r pipe?

it would be so much more cost effective for you to just buy an off road pipe and stick your factory pipe in the garage somewhere. Swapping out an o/r pipe is almost as easy as changing your oil... all you need is a floor jack and a socket wrench. It's such an easy hour or less of labor when you need to get your car emmissions checked and very worth it, good luck