Fox Is possible to get a driver quality fox anymore?

MTV593

5 Year Member
May 2, 2018
South Carolina
So I regretfully had to sell my fox prior to getting divorced, now I’m in the hunt for another one and I kinda feel like the prices are a little nutty.

Is it possible to get a DD quality fox (hatch/coupe) V8/5spd for 10-12k?

There’s a red 85 hatch manual for sale but they want 26k… if this is simply the market then I guess I gotta keep stacking.

I’m not talking about perfect paint and low miles but just something I wouldn’t my driving and wrenching on.

• Sponsors (?)

Some of the asking prices are pretty nuts. If patient you can still find deals. I found my friend a reef blue coupe factory 5.0 factory 5 speed with heads, cam and new paint and rust free too back in September for 10k. They are still out there, but probably not on FB or any of the big social platforms. Might have to dig but I know deals can still be found.

The best thing I can tell you is if you find a decent deal, jump on it! Do not "think about it" as it will be gone. Cash is king.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess deals are out there, but it could take some time. But for what you're looking for I think it's doable.

I wish I was more patient. If I find something, I jump on it. Sometimes it ends up costing me more money. I mean, it's only money, right?

They're out there, I picked mine up last February for $5800. GT 5.0 with an old school TKO, 117k miles, completely rust free and runs perfect. Interior needed a deep clean and a headliner but that was it...(well that was all it needed, I did quite a bit more)

I know prices are up in the last 10 months but I still see some good ones well under $10k

There was a super clean hatch that just sold in TX for $6800. Obviously, didnt last long. Gotta have money ready and move quick when a good deal comes along.

• Agree
I looked briefly. Came across a clean AOD convertible GT for $7k that I ultimately passed up thinking “I’ll get one later”

Then covid hit.

Not all I find are New England rusty :poo:boxes for $10k. I’m looking for an SN95 Saleen Vert next summer. I think SN95s are still undervalued right now but that’s changing

sorry to hear that man, Went through that same scenario 20 years ago when I divorced my EX. Had to sell all my foxbodies, trailers, most of my parts, etc. to pay for lawyers and to survive. Didn't get back into the scene for 10 years... Cars will come and go but my kids came first.

Anyhoo,. you can find them but NOT on Flea Bay or other auction Sites.. As much as I hate to say it... join some FB groups and check Marketplace as i see many under $10k . You may have to settle for a hatchback , automatic, or convert vs the sought after 5spd coupe. Be very careful as there are scammers out there piecing together cars and "restoring" back to "stock" cars that are hack jobs/ 4 cyl conversions as these cares are now getting big money. Make sure the VIN/tag #, VIN stickers match. Personally I would pay as much as you can for the most stock, unaltered. unbutchered car

• Agree
10-12k is possible in my area and I've seen cars nationwide in that price range. I would expect to do some work at this price point though... but that generally goes for most used cars.

If your in northern states and don't mind paying for shipping Florida Craigslist always has one or two rust free garaged cars every month per area . Most go for 8k-10k.

Is nothern guys need to figure in another $1k or so for shipping if we source a car in the south/cali. It does seem like there are way more cars for sale in those regions.

Everytime I look locally, it’s slim pickings in the rust belt.