Is there any way to disable the PATS system?

• Sponsors (?)

Are you stoned all the time or something? Ive had one key since i bought the car 5 years ago and have never lost it...plus the PATS function is a really nice feature and prevents people from stealing your car...

I suggest getting 1 main key and 2 spare keys , at least if you have 2 pats keys already you can always program a third and skip the $100 programming fee. At least this way your only spending about $30 or less if you score one off e-bay.

WALL-MART

made a post month ago about the big super wallmart they have a key machine in the auto section ...you bring them one key in less than 5 minutes you will have your pats key for $50 thats right .... no 2 keys no BS ...make 2 & hide one away under the body or bumper or engine compartment there are plenty of hiding spots .... been doing for years nobody ever found my keys except me ...some black tape & small black plactic tie raps .... some people lose stuff so dont let the :nonono:firby's:nonono: tell you anything bad ! good luck :flag:

If you disable PATS, the car gets stolen, and the insurance company finds out you disabled your anti-theft.... No more insurance..

Your premium you pay is based on the features your car has. ABS, Air bags, PATS, etc. Since you no longer have some of those features the insurance company can deny your claim and/or it will make it very hard for you to get your money.

It's the same as someone stealing your car when it's unlocked and the keys are in it. You need to make the effort to secure your possessions, not rely on insurance so you don't have to think...

Riley