Is this a good idea for removing the EGR valve???

• Sponsors (?)

You don't need an EGR if you dont go through emissions and you can turn the function off inside the computer. The EGR has no downside if it works properly. It is not used when performance is demanded.

The resistors just trick the CEL into staying off.

My thought is, is that I am going to try one of those resistors to see if it helps my CEL flashing on and off during half throttle acceleration... I guess the worst that can happen is that it hurts my performance more than it already is lacking, and I can just remove the resistor and plug the egr connector back in... I already ordered the resistor and will keep you guys posted on what it does once installed.

Just like Hissin said! I installed it, my CEL light doesnt come on anymore, so it must have had something to do with the EGR... But the car is not running any better. So if my lack of power is due to an EGR issue, the computer is only fooled into not turning the light on...

I have my egr wire feeding the pcm wired to a toggle switch.

One position is egr and the other is my wide band.

The pcm's egr is on a either or kinda of thing that is easy to tun on/off

The valve is still in place btw.

Having said all that .......
I've seen no different performance with the pcm's egr on or off

Having it on should keep the combustion charge cooler during light load
driving conditions and should help with the ping thing.

A lot of folk thing the egr system saps power and that is just not so :)

Grady

I removed my EGR system and haven't had any problems. I plugged the EGR eliminator simulator that c182pilot sells in ebay into the wiring harness and I don't have a check engine light.
It's nice to be able to change the no.4 spark plug now without needing to be a contortionist.