Island foxbody

Fird12

Nov 7, 2020
guam
Figured I'd start a thread to keep tabs on the progress of my "build". Although it's mostly already built.
Known specs:
302 full forged internals, previous owner said it was bored .003 over. Also said it was stroked out to 373? Probably meant 363. 202 heads, holley brawler 850 cfm, had 2 stage nitrous at one point. Previous owner took it apart, replaced bearings and seals.
Built c4 with manual valve body,
4.11 gears w/ posi
Caged, aftermarket gauges,seats and harness. As well as fiberglass good.
Next project is trying to save the paint. Sat at the previous owners body shop and got covered in a little over spray. Going to light sand/ re-clear.
Then run it down the track and see what she does. Previous owner claims 8.50's on nitrous. Going to keep it all motor out here as this track is a little sketchy.
Trying to figure out how to post pics, bear with me

• Sponsors (?)

received_820587058763139.jpeg
IMG_20201109_151140.jpg
IMG_20201109_175928.jpg
IMG_20201109_175940.jpg
IMG_20201109_175957.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
That poor car... :nonono: There is a Dictionary out there somewhere, and under the definition of “ Bracket race car” is a picture of that one.

If it’s a stock block 302, ( which I’d bet my title on) it’s no bigger than 347 c.i. and I doubt that. Only aftermarket blocks will tolerate the overbore to get it to 363.
But If those are current pics, and you drive it on the street..you have a long way to go before that car is finished.
Hell..even if that is a track only car..i’d take the whole freakin thing apart, and put it back myself to make sure something doesn’t fall off it.
When previous owners misrepresent engine specs, they usually are lying about everything else. and..an 8.5 1/4 mile car is not what you have there..even with all the nitrous in the world rammed into it. Yours looks like an 8.5 1/8th mile car.
if you haven’t PERSONALLY looked at the requisite stuff like brakes, suspension, and the welds in that “ cage” I wouldn’t move it out of the driveway.

Last edited:
That poor car... :nonono: There is a Dictionary out there somewhere, and under the definition of “ Bracket race car” is a picture of that one.

If it’s a stock block 302, ( which I’d bet my title on) it’s no bigger than 347 c.i. and I doubt that. Only aftermarket blocks will tolerate the overbore to get it to 363.
But If those are current pics, and you drive it on the street..you have a long way to go before that car is finished.
Hell..even if that is a track only car..i’d take the whole freakin thing apart, and put it back myself to make sure something doesn’t fall off it.
When previous owners misrepresent engine specs, they usually are lying about everything else. and..an 8.5 1/4 mile car is not what you have there..even with all the nitrous in the world rammed into it. Yours looks like an 8.5 1/8th mile car.
if you haven’t PERSONALLY looked at the requisite stuff like brakes, suspension, and the welds in that “ cage” I wouldn’t move it out of the driveway.
Thats what I'm doing... other than needing new shocks, the suspension is fine. The cage is solid. At one point someone dumped a lot of money into this car, but I don't think you understand what being on an island surrounded by saltwater does to nuts and bolts on cars.... yes, some of the parts have rust, they are getting replaced. As far as the motor, I personally know the PO.... I'm not new to drag racing, no, this car is not my daily.... it was bad enough trying to drive my mild lightning on these roads, let alone this thing. God help me if it rains. Yes. I personally checked this car over myself before I bought it....

Went and got some new tires put on the stock rims, 245 nt01's out back, 225 federals up front to help get it to the track. Ordered slicks/ new fronts for the welds that came with it. Also did a tune-up. Plugs, wires, oil change, etc. Runs cherry.
received_2746505238937550.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
8.50 1/8th mile car I'd believe. I'm pretty sure I see brown rust on the heads, which means they are iron. Looks like a good starter car. What's your next step with it?

Kurt

:shrug:8.50 1/8th mile car I'd believe. I'm pretty sure I see brown rust on the heads, which means they are iron. Looks like a good starter car. What's your next step with it?

Kurt
NO,....8.50's on Nitrous now removed.
The next step would be Looking for the E7 casting number on those 2.02 heads, and then finding the PO, and punching him for lying....Or slapping myself for believing him.

Last edited:
Yes, guam. Tbh, I don't really care about the motor, planning on replacing it when I get back stateside anyway. But this'll be fun to rip down the track out here for now. Everything else on this car is surprisingly solid for out here. Once the track opens up again we'll see what she really does. Didn't buy it because of the claimed parts or times. Bought it because I was bored and wanted to drag race again. Also always wanted a fox. Killed 3 birds with 1 car. Car already has all the equipment the track requires, huge plus. Never said this was the best foxbody, it is just my new project, and I'm happy with my purchase.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, guam. Tbh, I don't really care about the motor, planning on replacing it when I get back stateside anyway. But this'll be fun to rip down the track out here for now. Everything else on this car is surprisingly solid for out here. Once the track opens up again we'll see what she really does. Didn't buy it because of the claimed parts or times. Bought it because I was bored and wanted to drag race again. Also always wanted a fox. Killed 3 birds with 1 car. Car already has all the equipment the track requires, huge plus. Never said this was the best foxbody, it is just my new project, and I'm happy with my purchase.

It's pretty amazing how fast that safety equipment adds up too. Hard to judge what's a good deal on Guam. I'm not even sure how easy Mustangs are to come by there.

Kurt

Its a quarter mile track here. This car got to guam 3 years ago and basically sat. As far as I know, there's only 1 other foxbody here. I take everything I've been told about this car with a grain of salt. However, it runs good, and shipping out here is a PITA.

• Useful
Pulled the valve covers and the intake today to put new gaskets in. Something I always do just to check things over. Anyone know what kind of heads these really are? Don't really feel like pulling those....
IMG_20201113_141708.jpg
IMG_20201113_141718.jpg

I'm fairly confident the big 'W' along with the "CF" is for World Products. You are going to need to get some more stamping numbers off the head to confirm. If it's a 2.02" intake valve, then it would be a World Products Windsor Sr head. That would fit in with what you were told; we know it's an iron head, and you were told it had a 2.02" intake valve. Iron heads are a compromise, but as far as iron heads go, those are as good as it gets. It's a quality product that performs well.

I always use head studs. They are easier to install hands down.

Kurt

• Informative
Oh, and World Products Windsor Jr/Sr heads were typically setup with 7/16" stud mount rockers. I'm not sure if you can run pedastal rockers on them, but I have never seen it.

Kurt

Haven’t done much with the stang but drive it to work every few days. Ordered a 3 core radiator, dual contour fans, and temp controller to try to help keep the temps in check in this Guam heat. The stock radiator/single fan aren’t keeping up very well. Just waiting on those to come in. Anyone know where I can get new power window switch boards? Both are missing and makes it a pain to roll the windows down. Can’t find any online.