iso stock intake components

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
my car had a fenderwell aftermarket cai on it when i bought it (which i didn't like), and i got rid of it when i made my own pvc intake with my 80mm c&l maf housing.

since my 80mm maf is for a 1996 and i have a 1995, i was unable to get a bonafide maf transfer function for it, and i have dialed in mine (tweecer :nice:) and it is fine. the car actually runs great right now and i am really happy with my results, but:

the AFPR that was installed when i bought the car is going (i can smell gas), and i don't know what my fuel pressure is set to, and i want to go back to a stock fuel pressure regulator since my setup is not even close to needing more fuel pressure. when i do that, i really should make sure my injector slopes are correct. to do that, i should re-install the stock meter so that i have a maf transfer function that i know for sure is 100% accurate, which is the stock function. then i can go back to my 80mm setup and tweek the maf transfer again if necessary.

but i can't reinstall the stock meter because i can't hook my k&n up to it and i will either have to figure out how to hook up the stock meter housing to my 3" PVC intake pipe or rig up something else to get from the maf to the t/b. ugly, huh? so .......

i'm sure i can go buy the stuff i need at the dealer, but i am hoping someone has his old stock intake stuff (that he doesn't want anymore) sitting in his garage ... i have the mass air meter housing, but nothing else.

• Sponsors (?)

Hard to believe you haven't found someone. You need the upper & lower?

You know shipping is gonna be $30 if their shipped together and ~$35 if sperate.

Can't find any locally? Try Ebay?

tmoss said:
Hard to believe you haven't found someone. You need the upper & lower?

You know shipping is gonna be $30 if their shipped together and ~$35 if sperate.

Can't find any locally? Try Ebay?
i still have my stock upper/lower; that is not what i am looking for.

i don't think anyone would try to sell what i need on ebay. i bet most people just throw them away after replacing them.

what i need is the parts from the air filter to the throttle body, minus the mass air meter housing. that means the filter, the piece that connects the filter to the mass air meter housing, (if there is one), the screen that goes between the filter and the meter, and the plastic tube that goes from the mass air meter to the throttle body.

well, i went to the dealer and they want $400 for the stuff i need. basically, it's a couple of plastic pieces that go around the mass air meter housing and an air filter. un-f'ing-believable.

i guess i'll have to rig something up, because i'm not paying that kind of money for a temporary thing.

Black96VertGT said:
well, i went to the dealer and they want $400 for the stuff i need. basically, it's a couple of plastic pieces that go around the mass air meter housing and an air filter. un-f'ing-believable.

i guess i'll have to rig something up, because i'm not paying that kind of money for a temporary thing.

If you are still in the market for these parts, let me know I think I have what you are looking for. PM me and I will send you a phone number.