• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

It's a girl! 1990 LX 5.0 Convertible

  • Thread starter Thread starter AUSTEXLX
  • Start date Start date Feb 1, 2021
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
A

AUSTEXLX

Active Member
Feb 1, 2021
104
28
38
Austin, TX
Feb 1, 2021
#1
  • Feb 1, 2021
  • #1
Hey y'all. I'm here to learn and connect.

New to StangNet and looking forward to my Fox journey!

I recently acquired a mostly good, 1990 LX 5.0 convertible. Triple white, with leather interior. Low verified miles, previous two owners.

I've owned a few other 5.0-powered vehicles, but this is my first Mustang.

Mostly stock, with the exception of a Hurst shifter and a custom exhaust. Needs a few fixes, but glad to have this car in my modest collection.
 
Reactions: mansour.aref

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,017
1,651
163
nevada
Feb 1, 2021
#2
  • Feb 1, 2021
  • #2
Triple white,ragtop? Rollin in my 5 oh? 50 cent?
 

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,017
1,651
163
nevada
Feb 1, 2021
#3
  • Feb 1, 2021
  • #3
Just joking, congrats on the new ride.welcome.That's my boy.Van you still got The 5.0?
 

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,017
1,651
163
nevada
Feb 1, 2021
#4
  • Feb 1, 2021
  • #4
Can't help myself I love that car.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,047
10,668
213
polk county florida
Feb 2, 2021
#5
  • Feb 2, 2021
  • #5

Welcome to stangnet, we're not all like nick
Some are worse
 
Reactions: mansour.aref, Adieu, Neuron and 1 other person

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,321
18,047
224
Massachusetts
Feb 2, 2021
#6
  • Feb 2, 2021
  • #6
Welcome.

pictures!
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Feb 6, 2021
#7
  • Feb 6, 2021
  • #7
I can't find your pictures(required here) anywhere. Welcome anyway.
 
A

AUSTEXLX

Active Member
Feb 1, 2021
104
28
38
Austin, TX
Feb 8, 2021
#8
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #8
General karthief said:

Welcome to stangnet, we're not all like nick
Some are worse
Click to expand...
All good! Glad to be here. These forums are super helpful and overall seems like a good community.
 

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,958
2,939
153
Long Island, NY
Feb 8, 2021
#9
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #9
Welcome aboard!
Some of us can’t read, so we like pictures! Let’s see some pictures!
 
A

AUSTEXLX

Active Member
Feb 1, 2021
104
28
38
Austin, TX
Feb 8, 2021
#10
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #10
AUSTEXLX said:
Hey y'all. I'm here to learn and connect.

New to StangNet and looking forward to my Fox journey!

I recently acquired a mostly good, 1990 LX 5.0 convertible. Triple white, with leather interior. Low verified miles, previous two owners.

I've owned a few other 5.0-powered vehicles, but this is my first Mustang.

Mostly stock, with the exception of a Hurst shifter and a custom exhaust. Needs a few fixes, but glad to have this car in my modest collection.
Click to expand...
 
Reactions: Boostedpimp, a91what, Rdub6 and 1 other person

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
10 Year Member
Apr 6, 2011
10,733
6,716
214
Hillsborough county
Feb 8, 2021
#11
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #11
very clean... when are you installing the turbo
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,339
1,237
153
Sarasota Florida
Feb 8, 2021
#12
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #12
Nice interior. You dont see that color every day
 
A

AUSTEXLX

Active Member
Feb 1, 2021
104
28
38
Austin, TX
Feb 8, 2021
#13
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #13
a91what said:
very clean... when are you installing the turbo
Click to expand...
I'll do a blower tomorrow if you're buying.
 
A

AUSTEXLX

Active Member
Feb 1, 2021
104
28
38
Austin, TX
Feb 8, 2021
#14
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #14
Potomus Pete said:
Nice interior. You dont see that color every day
Click to expand...
I need a marti report, would love to know if this is all original. With 62k verified miles, I tend to believe it is original.
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,339
1,237
153
Sarasota Florida
Feb 8, 2021
#15
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #15
Should be a fifteen grand car
 
Reactions: Blueinfan
A

AUSTEXLX

Active Member
Feb 1, 2021
104
28
38
Austin, TX
Feb 8, 2021
#16
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #16
Potomus Pete said:
Should be a fifteen grand car
Click to expand...

You think?
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,339
1,237
153
Sarasota Florida
Feb 8, 2021
#17
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #17
Look on e bay for a car like your with those miles. If you paid a lots less you should be smiling. Keep it clean, and mostly stock
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,339
1,237
153
Sarasota Florida
Feb 8, 2021
#18
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #18
Its got the tape player/radio. Read up on that. You want to save it.
 
Reactions: AUSTEXLX
A

AUSTEXLX

Active Member
Feb 1, 2021
104
28
38
Austin, TX
Feb 8, 2021
#19
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #19
Potomus Pete said:
Look on e bay for a car like your with those miles. If you paid a lots less you should be smiling. Keep it clean, and mostly stock
Click to expand...
The photos make it look better than it is, but overall its a solid driver.
 

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,017
1,651
163
nevada
Feb 8, 2021
#20
  • Feb 8, 2021
  • #20
White pony rims would put it over the top.
 
Reactions: AUSTEXLX
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Glad to be here
  • josep4
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
164
The Welcome Wagon Aug 18, 2026
DadLife0724
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
133
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Progress Thread 93 LX father son project
  • ZAM93LX
  • Oct 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 3, 2025
Scrapla347
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
519
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
S
Progress Thread 1989 LX 5.0 convertible - mild project
  • Scott_S
  • Aug 18, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 5 6 7
Replies
122
Views
4K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 15, 2026
DadLife0724
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?