It's Grilling Time! The Official Stangnet Grill/Smoke Thread

So, you trimmed off fat and then injected beef fat into the meat, right? This should be interesting.
Yeah, the crappy fat for tasty fat is the idea. At least I’m lead to believe that, lol.

The brisket just reached 203! 17.5 hours cook time at 225. Cheap cuts take a looooooong time to cook.

Sure is juicy though:nice:. Rat bastard better be:fuss:!

It’s resting in the cooler now till about 4:00ish my time. I’ll post results then.
 
Ok, not worth the time.

It turned out ok, that’s about it. A good prime brisket is far better.

Here‘s a picture of it, it looks decent. It’s still a choice grade brisket from Walmart though.
AECD5489-3956-4A44-AE04-2B5DD0D1DA9B.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: RaggedGT
Ok, major, major development in the injected brisket story. I will have to repeat the experiment.

it has to do with me being a phenomenal dumbass. Can any of you guess what I did wrong this weekend with the brisket?
 
Ok, I’m off work now.

Here‘s what Stupid-King did. Remember all those holes I injected the wagyu tallow into? Had I a brain, I would have had them facing up when I was smoking the brisket……..
BFBE6794-800F-4B6D-957D-AFCA3F018391.webp
So what I provided for the brisket were a couple dozen drain holes:doh:.

I‘m not sure of the weather next weekend yet, so I’m not real solid when I’ll do this again.

That explains the long cook period as well. I hope I’ve learned something from this….
 
I guess that's the difference between a grill and a smoker... If I had that much fat (oil) dripping into my old grill, I would have had a fire of Biblical proportions! :oops:
 
After cooking that rat bastard so freaking long, I just couldn’t throw it out…….

So I decided to braise it like short ribs. Sliced it up in chunks and browned the edges.
6C7E745D-0E75-4F6C-B5B9-FE576EF25C5F.webp
Added a whole bunch of :poo: and it’s sitting in the oven right now.
FCF49022-CB65-4716-BFB7-F5F433C46B00.webp
I might just be wasting my time here, but that’s ok, I have virtually no responsibilities at this point other than to my stomach, bowels and bladder
. :demon:
 
So we did prep work for this weeks meals. Started with the bacon so I could use the rendered fat for everything else instead of olive oil. The corn was done in the air fryer, coated with bacon grease and done in 15 minutes.
Veggies are yellow squash, bell peppers, new potatoes, onions and mushrooms. Cheese burgers with onions grilled inside turned out real nice. I Did eggs for breakfast sandwiches during the cooldown using silicone shape rings.
Cheers all… it’s beer o’clock


A34F1381-5172-45E5-BEC2-8E40493069F3.jpeg 9B83373E-AFF0-4738-A2B1-CDE757F4B50B.jpeg 8F3D0F95-2A8C-462C-8727-CE851762713A.jpeg 18EC06F1-B602-4F50-9F56-9E6F2ABCD234.jpeg

0239997A-DF36-4631-96F1-314B17592D68.jpeg
 
I'm gonna be doing a beer can chicken this weekend. Its been a long time since I've made one but its pretty simple. I bought some Stubb's chicken rub at the store and a 6-lb chicken. Gotta go get some canned beer tomorrow (thinking Yuengling Golden Pilsner if available in cans) and then Sunday we'll have the chicken.
 
The chicken turned out okay, but there was a little snag. I had the chicken on for a good hour and 15 minutes, then the propane ran out. Fortunately I do have spare tanks on-hand so that wasn't a big deal, but when I hooked the new tank up, the grill fired but didn't get very hot. It wasn't even hitting 250 even when I had all the burners on high.

I moved the chicken over to the smaller grill to let it finish on there but it got a little too hot in there so some of the skin got a little...um...caramelized. It wasn't too bad though. The meat was still fine and fairly juicy.

As for the "faulty" tank, I just ended up disconnecting and reconnecting and that seemed to take care of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38 and Jinx