It's Grilling Time! The Official Stangnet Grill/Smoke Thread

I had to make smash burgers for my new buns.
091E09BF-CF31-43D6-86F8-52725157F188.jpeg
Cooking up nicely.
2A0F0B0F-25AB-4CCC-B760-0BF50DAADB01.jpeg
Stacked and ready to go.
F1D2C03C-6FC5-4031-9E4D-48C4830ED8BA.jpeg
My OMG this is soooo good moment. I would buy this hamburger anywhere. I really think the only way to improve might be the toppings. The bun was much better than the ones I’ve been buying from Sprout’s grocer.
C48CB018-CD66-4BC2-A4C1-3C75A7BF00B8.jpeg
I was browsing this thread again just so I could drool over this burger.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2Blue2
So, after 81 years my butcher is closing up shop………:cry:

I am undone.

They had the best steaks in town, also at the lowest prices.

Anyone got suggestions for an online butcher? Non wagyu beef, that is.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: 02 281 GT
So, after 81 years my butcher is closing up shop………:cry:

I am undone.

They had the best steaks in town, also at the lowest prices.

Anyone got suggestions for an online butcher? Non wagyu beef, that is.
Our local locker chain was closed down for the owner selling underage, human services. He’s in jail after a graphic trial and the business is closed.
There has to be a place to get fresher beef at a better price than Wal-Mart and Hyvee.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Ronin38
Our local locker chain was closed down for the owner selling underage, human services. He’s in jail after a graphic trial and the business is closed.
There has to be a place to get fresher beef at a better price than Wal-Mart and Hyvee.
I’m not sure if hooking was involved here…….maybe…….
 
So with beef prices so high, I have a steak hack for all you grillers. You can still buy the ribeyes but at the less favorable end for 1/2 the price of top choice and hit it with a cubing tool. Taste the same and almost nearly as tender. They take a marinade better too.

A70B00A3-55C0-4946-AA92-05417332553E.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38
Ok, I’m going to try real hard to not be a moron. No guarantees though here……

I bought another Wally World brisket. Almost a duplicate of the last one.
61950C23-88A8-4B0F-B53A-8384A78C220E.webp
I’m going to start cooking it tomorrow. If I can put it in the smoker properly, we’ll have a tasty treat.

I have not notified my kids or siblings of an impending brisket since the last one displayed my inadequacies so effectively.

I’ve already promised myself I wouldn’t cry over how this brisket turns out.

To help with being calm during the initial placing of the brisket in the smoker, I purchased this snazzy little set.
D88DE258-CD10-4A7F-ABFD-7DBEFB1B221C.webp