Ive got some updates on my non-running mustang situation

yes, sir, im reading the responses :( (<---- thats a sad face, but its not coming up)

i was just double-checking, becasue the one guy said the fuel pump and i must have gotten side tracked a bit..... sorry.

• Sponsors (?)

The plan is to systematically go through the steps, one at a time and find what works and what doesn't work.

Once you know what works, you can set that aside as being a possible cause of the problem.
That way you can persue what doesn't work. It is cheaper and more efficient to spend some
time thinking and taking some simple measurements that to throw parts at a problem in hope of fixing it.

I have just summed up what I learned from 40 + years of troubleshooting experience on everything
from aircraft to electronics to computers and automobiles.

I have had a EEC relay go bad AND a TFI module at the same time, almost pulled my hair out figuring out the problem...I would spend the 25$ and give it a check...probing wires can get very trying...becomes so tempting to either give up or start tossing money at the problem...don't give up.

N8Miller said:
bernie, when you say eec, do you mean the relay? when we doing that inspection?

tmoss: all of those tests where done with the key on.

I replaced the whole computer nate. BTW if you need help troubleshooting it let me know. oh yeah, I down w/ the inspection anytime that works for you.

thanks for the opinions everyone. as of right now, i replaced the TFI dist. module when it stopped working. so, as at thispoint, i think that its the eec relay.

bernie: you got a spare computer we can trouble shoot with? maybe an extra relay?

Dman: thanks for the 'staying calm' advice. when it first happened, i was like F-it, sell it, im done. now that i realized with the good peoples help on stangnet, i can try and fix it cheap/efficently. :nice:

N8Miller said:
thanks for the opinions everyone. as of right now, i replaced the TFI dist. module when it stopped working. so, as at thispoint, i think that its the eec relay.

bernie: you got a spare computer we can trouble shoot with? maybe an extra relay?

Dman: thanks for the 'staying calm' advice. when it first happened, i was like F-it, sell it, im done. now that i realized with the good peoples help on stangnet, i can try and fix it cheap/efficently. :nice:

I have the computer that is in my car. I'm assuming your mass air so I can drive my car down and we could swap stuff onto your car and see if it fires up. I figure it beats buying stuff and finding out it doesn't work. Just let me know man. I'll do what I can to help out.

You cahnged out the EEC relay and STILL have no 12v at the injectors?????????

If so, you probably blew the 20ga fuse link that feeds power to the EEC relay - it's the blue wire on the starter solenoid - gotta go find and test both sides of the link.

tmoss said:
You cahnged out the EEC relay and STILL have no 12v at the injectors?????????

If so, you probably blew the 20ga fuse link that feeds power to the EEC relay - it's the blue wire on the starter solenoid - gotta go find and test both sides of the link.

:nice:

UPDATE!!!..... again!

Ok, i tested the blue wire off the selinoid.... 13.3 volts, before AND after the relay. BUT, when it turns from blue to black/orange, i have no voltage from there to the same wire by the relay, and computer.

on a related topic: when i took the computer out to try RAM360's, the pin from the #57 came out of the computer :( that might explain why it ran so rich, its a wire for my MAF, the red wire.

N8Miller said:
Ok, i tested the blue wire off the selinoid.... 13.3 volts, before AND after the relay. BUT, when it turns from blue to black/orange, i have no voltage from there to the same wire by the relay, and computer.

on a related topic: when i took the computer out to try RAM360's, the pin from the #57 came out of the computer :( that might explain why it ran so rich, its a wire for my MAF, the red wire.

See the following website for some help from Tmoss (diagram designer) & Stang&2Birds (website host) http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif

fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif

Download the diagram and draw some circles around where you made your measurements. I think we are all a little confused...

Attachments

• fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif
    fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif
    83.1 KB · Views: 66