Contest J&M Engineering Caster/Camber Plate Contest Giveaway! Voting Until 11:PM EST Friday Night

Vote for the Project You Want to Win - Voter's Choice Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

I am starting the second refresh of my 1986 GT. Check out https://1986gt.blogspot.com/ for the first run through. Ran really well with a 92 roller motor T5 and manual steering, however the previous owner had stripped it and left it in pieces. I repaired all the rusty floor pans about 7 years ago and put it back together structurally, but three kids and a career forced me to park it for awhile. It was in pretty rough shape at the time.

Over the years I have accumulated all sorts of parts for it, including 2" drop eibachs, MM bumpsteer kit, explorer upper and lower with 65 mm TB, 93 cobra k member and spindles, upper/lower control arms, etc. The brakes were spongy, so new calipers, rotors, master cyl, booster and stainless lines going on all around this winter and a nice set of 06 Mustang seats for the interior. Needless to say, its been sitting too long in my garage so just about everything is being gone through and either replaced or upgraded as we are between baseball seasons for my son. Caster camber plates would help with the 2" drop, but nothing too dramatic going on (modifications wise).

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Engine Bay.jpg
    Engine Bay.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: 1 users
here is the exxon valdez, '89 gt that I've had for years
355 gear
gt40 tubular intake
70mm tb that whistles dixie on command
c&l meter and power pipe / isolated air filter (thanks steve!)
long tube headers with no name mufflers and mandrel bent tail pipes
wc t5 / cobra clutch pro 5.0 shifter
semi ratty 86 sport seats (love them halos)
black pony wheels with cheap ass tires
dynomat from toe board to tail lights and new carpet
the plan is to install the gt40p heads I had on the other engine and 1.7 rr I got from steve (thanks again!)
20181219_113425.jpg
20181219_113447.jpg
20181219_113522.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Here is my 86 coupe that i just picked up a couple weeks ago and started a build thread.
I picked up the car as a bare shell so the only mods the car had were through the floor subframes and a cage.
The goal is a street/strip car that makes about 1000 at the wheels but can still be taken out on a cruise once in a while.
Stage 1 is the chassis/suspension and i have waiting:
Team-z tubulark k member
Team-z a arms
94/95 spindles
03/04 cobra calipers with stoptech pads and rotors
Viking double adjustable rear coilovers
Team-z anti-roll bar
Wolecraft mini-tubs
Strange front coilovers
Double adjustable upper control arms
Offset double adjustable lower control arms to clear the mini tubs

Can you see one vital suspension piece thats missing from this list? Caster/camber plates. They are the last piece i am missing to complete my suspension and after the last couple weeks i think my credit card is going to start on fire from all the friction of sliding it every few minutes for new parts so this would be a big help. Thanks for putting on the contest!
20181217_165435.jpg
20181217_172428.jpg
20181219_170410.jpg
20181219_170456.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I can, like was said, a lot of members already have them. We just need to drum up more votes!
Wait, what am I thinking? I was winning!
I need to drum up more votes, let me think, ummmmmmm,
I know, I promise to post a video of the exxon valdez doing a burn out!

Reactions: 1 users