Junkyard goodies

Wayne Waldrep

Before I post a pic, do you have one of yours?
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 14, 2003
Cuba, AL
Let me set a specific set of circumstances and get some input based off those.
You are heading to a junkyard. This place has 2 or 3 Fox mustangs (83-93). None of the cars have engines, transmissions, or 8.8 rear ends. The cars are not sealed up so the interior has been exposed for at least 10 years....that's if there's even any interior left.
After watching some of the threads on here and finding out that some of the parts aren't available anymore, I'd like to know which parts are "must grab" parts.
I'd hate to do this and tell about my trip and someone go "did you get the ________?"
Btw....don't be shy. I'll have a jack and my cordless impact with me so I can do some decent work there.

Ready....GO!

• Sponsors (?)

Better headlight assemblies for the '87
Hatch trim is a biggie (easy to get off with the right tool)
Map lights
Bolts, screws, all those little brackets
Certain parts of wiring harnesses
Usually when I get a car, it needs a lot of work so extra parts are invaluable. Around here, any fox in a yard is barely a shell now. Waiting for a fresh arrival....

Reactions: 1 user
I’d take the whole car, strip it and box everything then scrap the bare metal. Then lost it all on eBay.

Hell, I see people requesting sheet metal too all the time. Let people cut some panels off then scrap.

Everything on these cars gas potential value

I’ve parted and scrapped two fox bodies. I had fun doing it and made a profit. If my two car garage didn’t have a disassembled fox in it already I’d buy one to part out for fun/profit

Theres a guy on Craigslist here in Sarasota that puts a post on every other day to buy foxbodys any condition. Convertible speaker panels are worth $100.00-$150.00 each. Seatbelts are in short supply.

grab some seats out of a 05+ and put them in a fox body. Destroys the old fox seats in terms of comfort and quality. My '92 still has stock tweed fox seats, 93 has some 09 V6 seats. I drive the 93 daily and the 92 sits-and it's 10x nicer (inside AND out).

Grab any of the modules. Airbag, wiper, EEC, etc. Cluster regulators used to be common and hot items; dunno if they're still OE only or if there's repops available now. Fuel lines (5.0) are hard to find. Seat belts. Hatchback hardware and seat hardware. Coupe quarter windows (if they're not tore up). Convertible speaker grilles. There's lots of little parts that are NLA and nobody makes them. Clocksprings are another (if there any good). SSP locksets.

Oddly enough, 2.3 parts. Used to be everywhere and dirt cheap. People threw that stuff away. Getting harder to find. Those stupid coolant tubes that wrap around the back of the head on the 2.3 turbo's? Impossible to find; and when you do, they are half the weight of the originals (rusted). Worth about $75 for a good set. SVO and turbocoupe specific, Merkur's are different. Turbo manifolds. Good turbos can fetch a couple hundred bucks, SVO specific turbos about $100 more (compressor housing is different). Even cores are worth some money to someone I know. The 85.5-86 SVO 4 cylinder transmission. I want one. They're scarce and expensive. SVO front suspension, K members, etc. SVO seats. 85 GT halo seats. The list goes on forever.