Just An Introduction Here.

Billy B's 67

Mar 6, 2016
I'm Billy B's 67, and can't really promise I'll have anything informative to add but in any event it might be entertaining to see my 67 Coupe project car turned into a fastback. Especially considering I plan to graft a fastback from a 68 galaxie 500 onto the 67 Coupe. I look forward to learning from you guys and pretty much picking your brains. Thanks for the opportunity !

• Sponsors (?)

Just realized I probably should have mentioned a couple of things regarding the 67 coupe to fastback graft. This is planned to be a low-bucks conversion from parts I have already picked up. I really mean LOW as well. The coupe cost me $ 200, The donor car , a 68 Galaxie 500 fastback piece of trash cost me $ 250 ( and I've already recouped $ 78 from the sell of the hood and a couple of trips to the scrap yard to part out trash metal - and I'm planning on keeping the 8.8 rearend out of that donor as well). I already had a 59 Ford station wagon 9" - 3.71 rear I'll use, and I've already bought two engines from the same 80 something-year-old guy who sold me the $ 200 coupe. For $ 50 each I picked up a 89 thunderbird 5 Litre engine w/no trans and a 351 Cleveland ( 2-barrell) w/ a C-4. Both are complete engines that are not frozen. I plan to do basically all the work myself and if nothing else, it'll be a heck of a learning process and besides it'll keep me off the streets and out of trouble !

Thanks guys ! I just started laughing as I read my post of "off the streets and outta trouble" ! Obviously off the streets ( in this Pony) for awhile but out of trouble I should recind ! I have a neighbor who lives to cut his grass and takes it personally if anything is amiss ( to his standards) in the neighborhood. That includes my having a few old cars in my back driveway ! So with his direct line to the city's code enforcement officer He constantly complains about me and other closeby neighbors. The result being that I have to go down and explain to a judge why in the world I would want an old Mustang and a donor car in my driveway - not to mention several engines. So I do ride the fence on the trouble thing ! They don't allow tarps I found out after draping my cars with them. They have to be covered w/ "car covers". I'm guessing the local auto parts lobby has had an interest in that little tidbit !

Besides who wouldn't want their neighborhood enriched with old Mustangs !

An update....The good-looking redhead fox who happens to also be the Municipal Judge I had to go in front of a week or so dismissed my case ! Now I can appropriate the money I would have had to pay on fines towards parts and upgrades on my 67 !

PS - I was afraid she'd recind my innocent verdict so I didn't ask her out ! LOL