Just Bought 95.... Help?

Stephen Wagner

Feb 15, 2018
Ok just picked up 95 cobra. It has some electrical issues.. ie the horn just blows constantly and the head lights stay on when they want. Was curious if anyone has a direction to look thx in advance.. oh btw the steering wheel has a lot o slop up and down inside column.

• Sponsors (?)

Just give me your address and I'll take that problem child off your hands, you don't want all these problems. :jester:
But seriously, I would imagine the slop in the column may have caused wiring issues, could be just the shaft bearings are going bad,
I see used columns on ebay for 150 and up, clock spring, multifunction switch, and key, that may be the easiest solution.

Ok just picked up 95 cobra. It has some electrical issues.. ie the horn just blows constantly and the head lights stay on when they want. Was curious if anyone has a direction to look thx in advance.. oh btw the steering wheel has a lot o slop up and down inside column.

Do you know how to use a multi-meter and test light?

How is your ignition cylinder where your key goes in? Is it loose and sloppy? Can you turn it without the key in there? I had that issue and it was causing problems. I saw a video on youtube where a guy also had similar issues you describe and it was also his ignition cylinder. It seems to be a common problem with these cars. They are inexpensive and easy to change.