just bought a 94 cobra......did I get a good deal??????

Hey I've been hanging around stang net for many years but I rarly post, I have owned about twenty mustangs in my life but they have mostly been Vintage Moostangs....65-68....I'm currently rebuliding a 65 fastback but the progress is very slow due to being a working stiff/full time student.

Anyway I decided the life was too short for a 4 banger daily driver so I started looking for a daily driver stang to pick up....I have owned a few fox bodies in the past so I decided I would buy a early 90's fox that was in almost stock condition with average miles that would be reliable daily driver......I looked and looked but I didn't find a local fox that really hit me.

Anyway to make a long story short I came accrosed a 94 cobra that was about 80 miles away.....Not exactly local but the guy sounded cool on the phone, I made the drive to check it out and a few days later I drove back to take it home........So tell me did I get a good deal.......Whats it worth, I let you all know how much I paid after I get a few reponses..

Specs....

1994 Mustang Cobra.....White
5 speed but I think all cobras were....Correct?
leather interior
Motor is stock Cobra except wires
strut brace, subframe connectors, "Boxed" Upper rear arms
Stage 2 centerforce with 500 miles on it
New U-joints and rebuilt rear end with stock gears.....(why I don't know)
Steeda springs and sway bars
Bassani x-pipe, Flowmaster cat back
New Firehawks 265's in front 275's out back
Normal 12 year old dings in the body, A few chips in the paint....etc
Runs fantastic, drives like new, great oil pressure, Normal temps
Small hole in drivers seat, otherwise perfect interior

So what's it worth?????? Give me your feedback

Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

$6,000

Sounds like everything is in order. If the car does run well and hasn't been beat on real hard, I could see someone paying around $8,000 (maybe a little higher) and being happy.

Not many mods, which is not a bad thing. Odd about the 265s up front (probably better to go 275 all around and get better mileage out of the tires).

So what's the price?

This kind of stuff would make me think the car has been down the old 1320 a time or two.

At one time, he may have had other mods on the car and sold them off before you came along :shrug:

Hope you enjoy the new Stang :banana:

Grady

final5-0 said:

This kind of stuff would make me think the car has been down the old 1320 a time or two.

At one time, he may have had other mods on the car and sold them off before you came along :shrug:

Hope you enjoy the new Stang :banana:

Grady

Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't put a Stage 2 centerforce and control arms on a car with 220 rwhp. The new U-joints and rebuilt diff are classics as well. Did you ask the guy if he has a Kenne Bell in the garage somewhere?

I'd pay 6-7K, depending on interior.

Adam

the guy did admit to a few weekend road races, but no drag racing.......I honestly read that as a road race every weekend........But I have been around the block a few times when it comes to buying a nightmare. this one seemed to be a keeper......

Anyway Car Nut was the winner, I paid 6K Cash on a 6800.00 asking price. Whats the worst that could happen I figured a have a 5.0 on a stand in my garage and an 8.8....In my yard....Ready to be put in service if needed....

My co-workers asked Why would you buy a 12 year old car with 100K on the clock for a daily driver......My reponse was "Life is too short for four cylinders".......They said thats cool, I should make a bumper sticker......Copyrights have already been filed so Don't think about it...

Pics coming soon....

Later adam

Keenbean said:
Anyway Car Nut was the winner, I paid 6K Cash on a 6800.00 asking price. Whats the worst that could happen I figured a have a 5.0 on a stand in my garage and an 8.8....In my yard....Ready to be put in service if needed....

YEAH!!!!! I WON!!!!!!!! :SNSign:

Sounds like you got what you wanted Adam and for a good price. Very respectable, plus like you stated, you were'nt looking for a perfect car. Hopefully it will run a good while without problems, so you can focus on modding or just maintaining it.

Congrats!