just bought an aeromotive a1000 system

enferno

Jun 20, 2006
i'm not sure if i should post this in 5.0 tech or here

but i have a 91 5.0 from a mustang, fuel injected, that i'm putting in one of my coupes.

i have the aeromotive a1000 pump, filter, bypass regulator, braided 1/2" lines, fuel rails, and y-block.

now, i've read that since i'm going to use this as a daily driver, i should probably get the aeromotive fuel pump voltage regulator. can someone confirm/deny this?

also, i'm using the stock tank - can i use one of the EFI sending units? Ron Morris Performance: EFI Fuel Tank Sending Unit, Reproduction, 1965-68 Mustang

or do i have to get a baffled/sumped tank?

• Sponsors (?)

I would really sump it. The inlet for the A1000 is -10, if that's any indication to the amount of fuel it moves. Too small and the pump will drop pressure in about 10min after key up from overheating. And that will lead to it's eventual destruction.:D
With EFI the size return might be OK because of the higher pressure, but think you relly need a sump, even if only 3/8 NPT.
Regulator isn't a MUST. It also keeps the pump cool with lower RPM when cruising. If you like to drive around on an empty tank, get it. If you can keep it above 10 gal when you drive for more than 30 min, you will be fine, as per areomotive techs. :nice:

would i be fine using my stock tank and welding in one of the aeromotive universal sumps?

i have a brand new tank and it would be a bummer to have to get a different one

See if theres a way to test that CE sump at THEIR welds.After i got my sump welded on,painted installed and filled, it was seeping at the weld on the sump.CE said they would replace the sump ONLY, i would have to get it cut out and re welded :mad: I just used some JB weld.

See if theres a way to test that CE sump at THEIR welds.After i got my sump welded on,painted installed and filled, it was seeping at the weld on the sump.CE said they would replace the sump ONLY, i would have to get it cut out and re welded :mad: I just used some JB weld.

Huh. Whoever welded it you would thin would have test their own work, seeing the CE weld leaking, and easily fixed it then before paint.

Can anyone say run on sentence ? lol
FWIW, never had a problem with their welding. Although I have had a tank leak at a corner I didn't quit grab when welding it. It leaked, just I just got it hot, and added a wee bit more rod, bueno !