Just did a h/c install now car wont run. Please help.

BigC3416

Sep 16, 2002
Austin, TX
Just got done putting a set of trick flow TW heads and the stage 1 cam. I also put on some 24# injectors with a recalibrated 75mm pro-m. Now the car wont stay running. It will start but dies almost immediatly its almost impossible to keep it running even when I keep giving it gas. Timing is set pretty close and checked for vacuum leaks. Fuel pressure is set at 39 with vacuum hose off. If I unplug the mass air meter it will actually stay running and is even drives pretty close to normally. Does this mean that the mass air is bad? When I do attempt to drive the car with the mass air plugged in it is so horribly underpowered that the car will barely move. I know that the 94 computers are extremely picky, but I figured it would at least run decently. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

go over all your vacuum lines again. then check your timing again. then, unhook your battery for about 10-15 minutes. the problems with out OBDs is that even though your problem is fixed, the computer is still searching. i had a massive vacuum leak and even though i fixed it, the comp memorized it and kept acting crappy. quick pop off of both terminals and we are set.