Just got a '95 GT. Looks like I'll be posting in here more.

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
I just got a '95 GT 'vert to replace my '01 V6 that was totalled in late July.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=651407

I couldn't find a decent '99+ GT for a reasonable price, so I went looking for '94-'95's since I didn't want a non-PI 4.6. It took almost 3 weeks but I found the right car.
2428728_3_full.jpg

2428728_2_full.jpg

2428728_5_full.jpg

2428728_4_full.jpg

It's a Florida car with 102K miles. The top is like new, and the only mods are the Cobra wheels, the '96-'98 taillights, and Flowmaster mufflers(probably deltas cause they're damn quiet).
I bought it from a small used car lot for $4900. The guys that ran the lot were cool, and one even showed me a '71 302 grabber Maverick he was restoring in their shop, so they knew their stuff.
All the car needs is a new window motor on the driverside quarter. As you can see in the pics, the seats are cracked pretty bad, and the rims are scuffed, so those will all probably be replaced sometime. Once every little thing is taken care of, I'll have a friend respray the paint.
It could probably also use a tune up. It has just a little trouble starting, and the car itself only seems a little quicker than my '01 Auto V6. Would you all suggest installing an MSD box during the tune-up?
Also has anyone swapped in an 2000+ center console into a '94/'95? I would rather have two large cup holders than an ashtray.

• Sponsors (?)

You won't see much from a CD box like the MSDs/Mallory/Crane on a stock engine. Maybe during a power adder upgrade you can put an ignition box on there.

Yes, the console from the later years will fit in the 94-95s. It has been done by a couple guys here.

Welcome to the 94-95 section of :SNSign:

Very nice triple black car! About the console, it can be done. The guy whom posted above me did the swap and it looks cool. I just bought one as well to do the swap. ($35).

About it feeling slow, that's normal. The 99+ v-6s are rated just about the same hp/tq as the sn 94-95 GTs. Need to hurry and mod it, cause V-6s out there WILL take you.

I used to have the same wheels on my car. They're '96 or '97 Cobra's. I had planned to use some spacers & make it look really good, but the wheels got jacked. :mad:

That's a nice clean car you picked up. Welcome to the '94-'95 section ..... the best on SN.

95Vert said:
About it feeling slow, that's normal. The 99+ v-6s are rated just about the same hp/tq as the sn 94-95 GTs. Need to hurry and mod it, cause V-6s out there WILL take you.

nacho you crazy bastard...what you talkin about. 99+3.8s have about 30hp less than us and a good 60lbs less torque...even a 94-95GT with an auto will take a 3.8 stick pretty easily. his car probably just needs a tune up

like others have said, welcome to the best board on stangnet

Thanks for the welcome; this place is definately more alive than the V6 boards.

Looks like I will start getting parts for the console. I'm assuming the only different switch I'll need is a '01+ foglight switch. Are you all using the '94-'95 radio & a/c bezel, or are you getting EVERY panel from the '01+?

nacho you crazy bastard...what you talkin about. 99+3.8s have about 30hp less than us and a good 60lbs less torque...even a 94-95GT with an auto will take a 3.8 stick pretty easily. his car probably just needs a tune up

I guess I'll see after the tune up. You can see my sister has her '01 V6 auto in the garage, so I can still do a comparison.
I will say the 4R70W in my '01 seemed worlds better than the AODE. I posted a thread when I was looking for a car and you guys said watch out for the AODE's, but I couldn't find a good 5spd 'vert to save my life. My AODE is still strong though, so I'm not too worried.

Welcome to 94-95 land. As said, this is the best sub-forum of any forum I've found period. Classy folks here. :nice:

I agree about the ignition box. The stock TFI set-up is stout. With those miles, if it feels sluggish, I bet some tune up parts help crispen things up. I'd probably give it a run-through of all fluids and filters and tune up items, bumper to bumper.

Good luck.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]
Looks like I will start getting parts for the console. I'm assuming the only different switch I'll need is a '01+ foglight switch. Are you all using the '94-'95 radio & a/c bezel, or are you getting EVERY panel from the '01+?[/QUOTE]

all i did was swap the wiring harness from the old console to the new one and used the same fog light switch. i'm still using the 94-95 radio and a/c bezel, and the same shifter bezel, too.

here's a pic:
18316171686.jpg

the interior's changed a lot since that pic a few weeks ago--i got some new black simulated leather seats (thanks Nach!) and i painted everything w/ black duplicolor vinyl & carpet spray paint (tan ftl!!!11one)--matches the factory black perfectly, i'd say. make sure you clean everything really well w/ some wax/grease/dirt remover before you spray, and spray multiple thin coats.

Nice car, do gears first, they will wake you car up alot. On our 95 vert we have done a K&N drop in airfilter with the silencer removed, aftermarket turbo mufflers, 180* thermostat and 3.73 gears and the car runs alot stronger now. I doubt a v6 Mustang can take it down:D

Therian said:

like others have said, welcome to the best board on stangnet

:lol:
You have to keep in mind that our cars are 4-5 years older and depending on the use and abuse it has had, that'll drop the power. I've seen stock 94-95 get taken out by v-6. Right Paul? And post up some pics Paul of your interior.

MysteryMachine said:
Welcome to our side. Lets see some pics of that 66. Looks like mine in your sig pic

Wow. My car looked exactly like yours when I got it. But I added tri-bar stripes and '66 spinners when I was in HS.
227381_27_full.jpg

Right now the car is awaiting a V8 conversion. I have a '98 Mountaineer engine that I will be converting for it. What sucks is I got the engine for $375 and sold the upper and lower intake for basically $120. Now I have the '95.:bang:

I'm looking into the basic mods for the '95. But I need to keep the car very streetable as I commute a lot.
-Intake(wish I hadn't sold that Mountaineer one)
-Cam (what's best for an AODE? B303?)
-3.55 gears
-Entire new exhaust from headers to tips. Possibly O/R as we don't have inspections in Fl.

dont be too mad about the mountaineer intake, it sucks compared to the cobra lower. the upper is GREAT though.

what year engine? P heads?

Nice car btw.......those explorer heads and intake combo would really kick some ass in your 95 though...over stock.

best cam for an AODE with stock heads would be stocker

if you planned on major mods and a tune go with custom or one that matches the intake/heads

clean car btw :nice: sometimes i wish i had a vert

Looks great. Mines all orig so we're gonna keep it that way. Would love to find one that I could work up someday but that cost money and I don't even have enough to fix my 94 lol. I'd love to see the progress of your conversion sounds interesting