just got home from college..(car pics 56k go die)

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
well today is my first day home from college for spring break. it was raining this morning so i was kinda pissed because i really wanted to take my car out since its been locked up for 2 months

well at around 3 oclock it cleared up so i was able to take it out and took it out for a spin and snapped a few pictures

the car hasnt been washed in a while but it was clean till i took it out on the wet and salty roads but for the most part the pictures turned out well:

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

Attachments

• 1-1.jpg
    1-1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 95
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 3-1.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 4-1.jpg
    4-1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 90
  • 6-1.jpg
    6-1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 83
  • 7-1.jpg
    7-1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 8-1.jpg
    8-1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 9-1.jpg
    9-1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 10-1.jpg
    10-1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 11-1.jpg
    11-1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 12-1.jpg
    12-1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 13-1.jpg
    13-1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 14-1.jpg
    14-1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Sponsors (?)

I can't decide if yall are lucky or unlucky for having such an early spring break.

LSU's spring break is the first week of April... I was under the impression that most schools had it in the 2nd week of April, cuz that week a team from LSU SAE is going to compete in California, and everyone keeps telling us it's gonna be crazy over there with all the spring breakers.

I guess you're unlucky because you didn't have Mardi Gras break last week :p

Nice car by the way :nice:

im goin somewhere tomorrow to see if they can take the pony off

thanks for the comments :nice:

as far as tint i believe it is 15%...my dad put it on for me last summer while i was away, ill ask him when he gets home

Looks good overall. I'm not really a big fan of how you have the GT badges and the anniversary badges also.

I think spring break this early wouldn't be much fun. At least not with how MO weather is right now being cold. My high schools is a week from now, so i am going down to University of Missouri - Rolla (where i'm going next fall) and visiting the frat i'm lookin at for a few days. At UMR, St. Pat's is a HUGE deal so they get a week off for it, then spring break a couple of weeks later. But i will be down there right in the middle of their hardest partying of the year. Can't wait.

haha seriously

idk i was talking to my sister last night and she said that i shouldnt take the pony off because i am known in my area for the "kid with the loud mustang with the pony"

there are definitely pros to taking it off but there are also reasons to keep it.

so i went to a "professional" today and asked him what i thought of my cars condition

he said he can "almost guarantee" that he can lift the fade out of my paint if i chose to take the decal off

the problem is, i dont want an "almost guarantee" i want A guarantee that he can get it or i wont have him do it

anyway he said itll run me about 130 bones for him to do the whole car (compound whole car wax and polish it)

i think ill wait till i am able to paint the car :p

im goin somewhere tomorrow to see if they can take the pony off

Hair dryer and goo gone. It may take a while since its a huge sticker, but it will work.

That and there may not even be any fading. I just took off the GT emblems on my 01 GT with 78,000 miles or so and there was no fading.

Use the hair dryer to peel up an edge and then heat up the decal as you pull it up but not too hot as to tear the decal. Once its up use the goo gone to remove the stickiness. Then just wax it.

But for the $130 or whatever that guys is gonna charge you could buy a porter cable and do it yourself.

ive tried tightening that down MANY times..it always vibrates loose :nonono:

Loctite or get it welded.

Hair dryer and goo gone. It may take a while since its a huge sticker, but it will work.

That and there may not even be any fading. I just took off the GT emblems on my 01 GT with 78,000 miles or so and there was no fading.

But for the $130 or whatever that guys is gonna charge you could buy a porter cable and do it yourself.

ive already taken part of it off and it is faded

Loctite or get it welded.
not gunna weld it or loctite it because that would defeat the purpose of the system

i have another way to do it that i will do over the summer