Just got my subframes conectors welded

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
Just got my subframes connectors welded

Really happy with the work. First they told me last week that it was gonna be about 140$ for a complete job. By COMPLETE, I mean them preparing and grinding and/or sanding the metal where the subs are gonna sits. It needs to be to the bare metal. They would also bolt the subs in the seat brackets. If I prep it myself, they said it was gonna cost half.

So I did all the work yesterday (sanded and bolted) and everything was prepared this morning. After they got the car on the lift, it took 20minutes. Now, I just need to spray paint the subs and area where welding was applied. The total was 40$. This is one of the best welding shops in Ottawa :nice: I'm sure those will hold forever.

Johnson Welding Works

I'll post pics later.

• Sponsors (?)

drizztkun said:
was the ride much different on your way back?

I didnt really get on it because it was wet everywhere but It sure feels stiffer. Maybe it's my imagination but I'm pretty sure I was able to see the difference already. Cant wait to launch at the track now. The aluminium driveshaft + X2C Control arms + Lakewood Street/Drag strut + welded subframe connectors + removed front swaybar + skinnies will sure make a huge difference of how the car will react off the line.

Here'S the pic. Maybe it doesnt look like it, but I just painted them black.

im002736.jpg