• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

JUST the Saleen Rear Bumper?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 94GTLaserRC
  • Start date Start date Jul 11, 2008

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Jul 11, 2008
#1
  • Jul 11, 2008
  • #1
Since the Saleen Rear bumper is not that big and bulky....Do you think it would look ok to use it if you did not get the side skirts? Since I have the light covers and getting the 281 wing I was thinking of getting the rear bumper.

I got the idea from this photo:



You can see from the pic that the back "could" stand on its own without needing side skirts, or so I think.


Thanks
RC
 

str8stang036

New Member
Dec 28, 2002
1,382
0
0
Miami
Jul 11, 2008
#2
  • Jul 11, 2008
  • #2
I have the saleen bumper, you remember? I don't have side skirts.
 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Jul 12, 2008
#3
  • Jul 12, 2008
  • #3
str8stang036 said:
I have the saleen bumper, you remember? I don't have side skirts.
Click to expand...

You have it now? When I came to see your car I was SO enamored with the Motor I didnt give a crap what kind of bumper you had

BTW..I think for all the help Im letting you do my car you should just give it to me.

Does that mean you are posting that it is "ACCEPTABLE" to put this rear bumper on?
RC
 

RedStallion43

Member
Sep 10, 2004
61
0
6
Chi-Town
Jul 12, 2008
#4
  • Jul 12, 2008
  • #4
I would really be interested in seeing a pic of this if you have one!
 

S351Saleen77

Member
Jun 27, 2002
423
0
16
Washington
Jul 12, 2008
#5
  • Jul 12, 2008
  • #5
Glad my pic might help you out!!

I never thought about it but I think you may be right! I dunno?

Would love to see the pics from str8stang036!!
 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Jul 12, 2008
#6
  • Jul 12, 2008
  • #6
My Rear Xenon bumper was the only part that did not get hacked up from scraping the ground, and I liked the way the exhaust tips came through it, like they do on the Saleen Kits.

RC
 

str8stang036

New Member
Dec 28, 2002
1,382
0
0
Miami
Jul 12, 2008
#7
  • Jul 12, 2008
  • #7
You its acceptable for the car. I love it more than any other rear bumper around. The "gills" makes it really stand out.
 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Jul 12, 2008
#8
  • Jul 12, 2008
  • #8
Ok..Ill put a post up on where to buy?
Thanks
RC
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
314
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
178
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
395
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
394
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?