Just won these on eBay!

• Sponsors (?)

Nice pick up:nice: Haha in the description it calls them "steel" and then says they are aluminum. Anyways, you really don't need uppers. The stockers w/ new bushings(at most) would probably be your best bet:nice:

They are definately not aluminum. It is a very bad idea to make suspension componets out of aluminum. Unlike steel, it is weakened by stress cycles, and will eventually fail. Maybe you can get away with it on a race car, where it is inspected before every race, but really a terrible idea for a street car.

Only need to to torque boxes if you are making big power and/or drag racing alot.
As for the UCA you only need to replace them if the bushings are shot. If the bushings are good then leave the stock arms there :nice:

They are definately not aluminum. It is a very bad idea to make suspension componets out of aluminum. Unlike steel, it is weakened by stress cycles, and will eventually fail. Maybe you can get away with it on a race car, where it is inspected before every race, but really a terrible idea for a street car.
I had Steeda aluminum LCAs on my red GT for 2 years with no problems and that car went to the drag strip and SCCA track every month and was my ONLY car at the time so it was driven everywhere :shrug:

And what cars have aluminum controll arms from the factory you may ask? Vette, Ford GT, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Audi, Benz, BMW etc etc :nice:

But the problem with aluminum, is that fatigues over time. No matter how light the cycles are, the part with eventually fail if exposed to a very large number of load cycles. In contrast, if you are below the fatigue limit, steel will not fail, no matter how many cycles you have.

I'm not saying you can't run aluminum suspension parts on the street. Just saying it's not a great idea. After all, these support the whole weight of your car and take some very large stresses with each suspension movement.