K&N Install - Anything Else I should do?

• Sponsors (?)

CBASS said:
Get a different intake tube. That's where the restriction is. Pulling the silencer and dropping in a K&N will do very little for performance. Not saying don't do it, just an FYI.

I gained nothing by switching the inlet tube. I actually lost hp on the dyno with the densecharger and gained .7hp with the C&L piece. Sure as hell isn't worth the money spent. Spend your money on something worthwhile.

70stangcoupe said:
Well I got the K&N for 15$ shipped, so it adds the riceability of being able to say "K&N". lol.

Why is the silencer tube there, if it isn't needed? Anybody got any pics of it? What are the disadvantages of removing it?

Someone here (not me unfortunately) has dyno plots of before and after silencer removal. Removing the silencer gives you a few HP at the top end, but you'll lose the same amount of torque at the low end. Decide which you like more I guess... Either way, it's mostly a sound thing, as the gains/losses are minimal at best.

EDIT: but since you have Flowmasters, you probably won't hear the difference anyway... :D

RacerGT said:
I gained nothing by switching the inlet tube. I actually lost hp on the dyno with the densecharger and gained .7hp with the C&L piece. Sure as hell isn't worth the money spent. Spend your money on something worthwhile.

That's because you used a desencharger. Could they have possibly put a few more 90 degree bends in that system?? Look at the Roush or K&N FIPKII setups. They are the only clean designs.