Kaboooom!!!!!!!!

slvrbullit302

Jan 6, 2004
Alabama
Went to the local 1/8th mile track for a little king of the street drag radial race and they had free test and tune so I figured why not. Well first pass was a good one but missed 3rd and ended up with a 1.62 60' and 8.27 at 83mph. Not being satidfied with that I pulled back down into the staging lanes and proceeded to line up next to a friend of mine. After the burn out, staged up and tached to 4500. Lights drop and KABOOM! car moved maybe 2". Snapped something in the rearend, it will not moved under its own power, had to get 6 people to push it out of the lanes. That run was gonna be a good one and probably would have been a 1.5ish 60'.

For information purposes and those that are gonna ask what tires, I was running on 255/50/16 MT ET Street Drag Radials.

Oh well not too discouraged as that was all stock with 175k miles of hard driving. Next time bomb left in the car is the trans as it is stock as well.

R.I.P 8.8, you have served me well.

• Sponsors (?)

That is true, and lucky the guy that runs the local dyno shop was there with his turbo car to trailer me the 40 miles home and save me a tow bill.

I owe him big time for that.

Next up on the list of timebombs is the trans.

That is dust and debris from them being so sticky. They were clean when we put is on the trailer and they picked up all that stuff from rolling into the garage. This after sitting outside all night in sub 30 degree weather.