Keyless Entry 1999 Vert

BrysZ

Jun 30, 2009
I have read that I should be able to tell if I have a keyless remote enabled car by finding a black computer type box in the left side of the trunk...I can not find such a box, only a fuel pump controller and a intertia switch. Is the location the same for convertibles as coupes? BTW I was told by the seller it had remote keyless entry but he lost the fob...I would like to confirm this before buying another fob...thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i have a 95 GT and it has keyless entry, but when i got it out of storage this spring the remote is not working, (still lighting up though) and i am trying to reprogram it but i cant find the module in the trunk. . . im assuming it is the oem keyless entry in my car becuase it is a GT and its fully loaded except leather. is there another way to program the remote by cycling the key switch or anything?

I wish I were still working at the Ford dealer. I could have your answer right away.

I will check around, maybe see if I can get ahold of the tech that did the key reprogramming. He may not know for sure as he did all the newer 2005 - 2009 programming.

I'll ask around here also. Maybe see if bd or svt knows.