Killer steals... I mean deals on Foxes lately...

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
If you want to buy a foxbody, and actually have the money, now is definatly the time. These cars have been following the housing market with the prices. I mean, people are getting great deals on cars a few years ago would have cost them double. Is it just the economy, or is there a lost interest in the old Foxbody? However, it is a sucky time to sell one.

My friend got a nice coupe for $4,000. I remember a few years ago, people wouldn't take less than $6,000 for any V8 coupe that was in half decent shape. If you have $6,000 now, you can pick up a really nice car.

Although I will say it is getting harder and harder to find a "nice" car. What I mean is the platform price is good. Being 20+ year old cars, you'll probably still have to do some work to whatever you find.

What's ironic is that you can get a V8 at 4 banger prices, but the 4 banger people seem to think their cars are worth so much because the get a few miles a gallon better.

• Sponsors (?)

That's certainly not the case in the Seattle area, other than the asking prices for the 4-bangers have gone crazy. $3500 for a 4-cylinder/automatic hatch with 100,000 miles? Seriously?

I just bought a 88 lx hatch 5.0 80 miles 5 speed 3500 miles 3:73's with a sunroof, sub frame conectors. the ac has been removed and it needs paint because there is rust in the front fenders need replaced and a little in the rear fender lips, it also came with a 65mm tb, cobra manifold, E-cam and bbk shorties with x pipe all for 1850.oo

I bought my 92gt 5sp with 133k for 3g's. car is black with black int from factory :) lowered and sittin on 18" chrome cobra r's. Body is pretty clean besides spider cracks on edge of bumpers fog lights. Needs paint but it still shines and looks good too.

The trick is to have the money ready, be willing to travel a little, and you can score a pretty good one, I did. They're out there you just have to be patient and pounce when the deal comes along. With this economy, people are having to let go of things they usually wouldn't.

I was able to procure a 1990 gt with leather,pop up roof,everything power with bbk cai, bbk chrome shortys,bbk off road x,mac cat bk, pro 5.0 shifter,alarm with remote great body and paint, lowered with 17'' chrome cobra r's for $3950. Just needed emergency brake cable!!! Car is very clean.So yes if one looks long enuf you will SCORE.

Fox prices seem to wildly vary across the Country.

Yes, I am sure in CA and Mass it would be tough to find one that can pass their yearly inspection. Any place with a smog test will require the cars that can pass it. However, many places, most foxes are beyond the age where they have to be tested. I've got two more years... :(

I do agree, CONDITION is hard to find. IF you are willing/wanting to fix up a car, a straight body can be had... at least in the South. :)

I've got a 93 4cyl 5spd car that was swapped to a carbed v8, 8.8 rear, 4:56 gears, southside uppers and lowers. still has flowmaster cat-back. I bought it as a roller, not a spot of rust,straight as an arrow, nice interior for $900. Just needs a 351 and a 5 speed. Had to go to Austin to get it.

Yes, I am sure in CA and Mass it would be tough to find one that can pass their yearly inspection. Any place with a smog test will require the cars that can pass it. However, many places, most foxes are beyond the age where they have to be tested. I've got two more years... :(

Massachusetts no longer smog tests....they haven't since 2008. They only do the OBD2 hookup and scan for codes. No CEL....you pass. That means no testing for pre-1996 mustangs.

You still need to have cats and all...but if you know a guy, it's not a big deal.

When I get my car tested, the hood never gets popped. Pretty easy to pass really. A lot of "crap" gets through pretty easily.

Good ol FL no smog or tests what so ever. I landed my car the day I went to look at my 92 GT. The guy had it for 5yrs and his dad had it for two, his wife made him get rid of it cause they just moved from MI and were starting a business lol. Worked out for me!