know any shops that wil install offroad h-pipe in north jersey

tfn4sho

Apr 19, 2005
Jersey City , NJ
does anyone know of any shops that will install an off road h-pipe in north jersey around the lyndhurst / newark / belville area? i went to a few shops but they would not do it because the pipes don't have cats on them. i don't have the tools or a lift to do it myself. any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Legally, no shop can install it and allow you to drive it off their property, as it would violate federal law. If you're able to find a shop who will do it, it's probably best to keep that to yourself, so they don't get burned by the EPA.

Legally, no shop can install it and allow you to drive it off their property, as it would violate federal law. If you're able to find a shop who will do it, it's probably best to keep that to yourself, so they don't get burned by the EPA.

Take off the plates, put it on a trailer and take it to the shop. Tell them you are building it up for use on a track.

I don't know if they would cross reference the vin to the registration though. But they could at least have the probable deny-ability defense.

Not true, most shops do it around here because they are not selling the H-pipe they are selling the install service, which is technically not illegal, and not something the EPA can regulate. 8 years ago nobody around here would touch an O/R pipe, now everybody does it except dealerships.

It's not so much the product being sold, as it is the removal of an emission control device. They can tiptoe on that line all they want, but if the EPA finds out, they're going to win that battle.

go buy the tools man. Its not hard and it shouldnt be expensive to the buy tools. My first time installing a O/r pipe was a o/r prochamber and it took me 13413423 hours but i got it done. I can now do it in 1 hour if im in a good mood. I use to change my exhaust like every month lol.

here what you need:
2 jack stands for the real axles
1 pair of rhino ramps for the front wheels
2 10inch extensions
1 socket wrench with DEEP sockets
1 can of pb blaster.
1 Swivel
1 floor jack (should already own this)
Strength to break the bolts loose.

Thats it. If you can install a door knob than you can this.