Knoxville, Tn Help

Billy Frank

Sep 15, 2013
Does anyone have any experience with High Velocity Motorsports in Knoxville,TN with dyno and tune? I'm hoping I have my '91 fix body LX with 347 stroker straightened out with new Virtech V3 SI Suoercharger installed and wanting to make sure I'm dealing with a good tuner to get the most HP in the Dyno. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Unless your block is some kind of race block, i'd be more worried about safe air/fuel than i would be about hp. A 347 with a vortech isn't going to come up short on the hp end.

Straighened out? How so. Dyno tunes don't fix problems. I'm not going to get into the usual pissing match about dyno tuning, it's just that the car should run right before it's ever on the dyno.

When I said straightened out, I meant the guy that built the car didn't take care of it maintenance wise. I got new plugs and wires, changed oil and filter, rearend fluid, trans fluid regular maint. stuff. Now I've added BBK lower springs, 3 core alum radiator, all new Pod guages, and now having the Vortech V3 SI kit installed and it's already chipped but High Velocity Motorsports told me once I have the supercharger put on that it would need to be retuned for the supercharger to get the most HP out of it. And yes it has a Dart block with GT40x heads, BBK upper and lower intake, 1.6 rollers.

Well, a car tuned NA via a chip, will certainly need a new program for a supercharger.
As far as dealing with a good tuner, pretty much everyone here thinks their tuner is great and if they weren't most people here wouldn't know anyway, so...